or Connect

Posts by zissou

The mouse that lives in my waistcoat pocket is a cobbler by night. Just leave the boots out on the table with a small wedge of cheese, and he will have the stitches straight by morning.
I grabbed a slim large classic chambray shirt from the stock page. Time to give the new size a try!
That means I'll have to carry one fewer pocket watch.
Couldn't pass up a nice little deal from Yoox. It's a Cabourn peak lapel basket weave linen vest from SS12, the Desert Rats collection. I know, it's a vest, but I have the matching jacket and trousers.
My hoarding of old style rigid officer chinos continues with a pair of the olive herringbones. The black pair are fantastic, more of a slate grey.
^yeah, the sleeves are slimmer, too. There was much more shrinkage in width than length. I think that the best description of how they fit now based on the measurements is slim tall small. Those of you who don't notice shrinkage, have you measured your shirts and compared them to the charts? I wonder if you don't notice the shrinkage because they were roomier from the start.
Thank you both for confirming that I wasn't crazy. It's disappointing to see so much shrinkage, especially since Gustin says that the fabrics are all pre-washed. I'll plan to reorder some of them in slim large, expecting that they will eventually fit like slim medium. I suspect that the sleeves will be a little longer than I need, though. But, that's not such a bad thing.
Well, I'm 6'2", 155lbs, which is pretty thin. I remeasured some of the slim medium shirts, and they almost exactly measure the same as slim small on the charts now. They've lost more in width than length.
Japan blue and wine oxfords, true navy selvage chambray, and navy slubby-nep chambray all shrank the same way. I also received the Japan coal chambray, which I am going to return unworn.
Man, I've been wondering why I feel like I've all of a sudden gained ten pounds. I realized last night that all of the slim medium Gustin shirts I've received have shrunk a full two inches in the chest after a cold gentle wash and hang dry! It's nuts. I wore one chambray shirt right out of the package and washed it last night for the first time. It measured 41" in the chest before the wash, and 39" in the chest an hour later. Gustin says they pre-wash all of their...