or Connect

Posts by zissou

Well, I did it. Not for asking price, mind you.
I just paid entirely too much for a book that I should probably never unwrap and read. It's The Ascent of Cabourn from his 2003 exhibition to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Hilary ascent of Everest, and to introduce the collection for which we know him (Mallory, Cameraman, etc.).
I went off snow peak's measurements, which I am guessing have the intended waist size of the user for each size. We'll see how well I did.
All three!
I love sale time. I wind up buying all kinds of shit I never realized I needed until now.
I just bought probably the only thing I'll ever buy from the Hypebeast store- snow peak flexible insulated pants. I thought they might be nice for winter running or as a mid layer for skiing.
I received the linen Cameraman today, and the thing is crazy. It's like serious linen burlap. I'm glad I sized down one, because it seemed to run larger than the AW Cameraman. I think it could even be a half size smaller, but I am not complaining. The dark army looks great, usually brownish in most light. In other news, I saw that someone had put a sealed autographed copy of Ascent of Cabourn on Ebay for GBP350.
It's helpful to have a pipe wrench or two when building a rack like that. It will wind up being more sturdy in the long run.
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
Too late! I bought the dark army Cameraman. I already have a linen Mallory from last year, so I thought I'd try something a little different.