or Connect

Posts by zissou

And, in my quest for new knitwear brands, I remembered Esk Cashmere, which is handmade in Scotland. I'm fairly certain that they made all of the Nigel Cabourn knitwear that I have. I managed to excavate this Ben cardigan in ten ply 100% camel hair for a song from Kafka's sale section. Based on the measurements, it should fit. I suspect it might look better a little oversized, but we'll see... I also threw in this linen and cotton Barbour x Norton & Sons North Crew...
...patiently trying to embrace the oversized Margaret Howell look with my new purchases. After just saying I was burned out on Inis Meain, I picked up the last grey Gansey from East Dane. At $123, it was a steal.
Thanks. I'm 6'2", 155 lbs with a 39" chest. So, perhaps I also need a 2...
Hmm, M is usually 38, though. Do you wear Gitman Vintage, and what size is your Albam knit?
Looks like an interesting knit! I'll keep an eye out for what shows up for AW. What on earth is sizing like? 0-5 makes no sense to me, and I don't see measurements anywhere.
Thanks! Will keep an eye out for Rainmaker and Minotaur.Fair point. Most JP brands are too short or too narrow in the shoulders for me.Ah, yes, I do have a knit from SEH Kelly! It's perhaps the nicest I own. It's also the warmest (more so than even Inverallan), and I can't really imagine needing to own more than one in this lifetime. The Albam knits do look nice. I think we might have a winner...
Nice rec of Nonnative, cyc. I have not seen Minotaur yet, but will keep an eye out. DWW- Thanks for the recs. I was sad that I missed out on the S&C chunky cardigan from NMWA last FW. I'll have to keep an eye out this year. I did check Berk, and they seem largely sold out. William Lockie does look nice, but a bit too CM/trad for my taste.
Anyone recommend some luxe heritage knitwear, for lack of a better term? I'm not looking for something to be worn with a tie, though. I'm thinking more along the lines of something a fisherman might wear, but couldn't afford to wear. I'm burned out on Inverallan and Inis Meain, so don't recommend those. My latest purchase was Margaret Howell's indigo linen cable knit, as an example.
Funny, was just browsing the site. I'd probably enjoy looking at everything, but none of it is going to be a steal. Much of the suiting looks like it's half price, but I'd be more inclined to check out the shirting and knitwear. I could go for this shirt, for summertime weekend wear:
Just picked up some indigo tees with the survey code. Thanks, guys.