or Connect

Posts by Sprezzatura2010

Quote: Originally Posted by A Y LOLwut? ML car audio systems pick from the Harman parts bin, and aren't any more special than any other Harman car audio brand. I think it's best to let AF stew in his deaf delusions. Quote: Originally Posted by A Y For someone who seems to believe in infinitesimally small audio effects such as jitter and cable sound, I find it surprising that you would ignore something so obviously audible...
Boat shoes are just specialized loafers. And then there are JM Weston 180s, which are (I think) where loafers begin and end.
Current headphones: Travel: Apple dual-armature IEM with remote/mic Exercise: Sennheiser PMX100 Studying: Denon AH-D2000 Home listening: Denon, supra; Sennheiser HD-580 Current amps: HeadRoom Total Airhead, rev. B HeadRoom Portable Micro Sources: original white 1GB "gumstick" iPod shuffle, 5G iPod upgraded to 240GB hard drive and loaded to the brim with mostly (95% +) lossless files, MacBook.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria I thought that the current Pressidential line is fully canvassed and now made by Greenfield, à la BB Golden Fleece. Do I remember incorrectly? I looked at all three lines, and there wasn't a canvassed suit anywhere. Nobody mentioned MTM to me. Quote: Originally Posted by IUtoSLU What is wrong with advertising as being WASPy? Because it's a lie. They're not WASP,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Most people use the Ayre for music playback. It's hard to convince you of the value of high end electronics unless you are familiar with the improvement in sound they offer. It's just like anything else like a fine wine or a Rubinacci suit. The better stuff is more time consuming to make and involves more expensive parts. Sometimes, sometimes not. Quote: Originally Posted by A...
Quote: Originally Posted by mack11211 Press today, also note, has three levels of make, the top being full canvas. But the shoulder is the same. I saw three levels of make, but all were fused. Quote: Originally Posted by mack11211 Current Press is trying to be both trad and inexpensive. But for this little money, it's hard to get the details right. True, I was expecting the store to be much more expensive...
No idea. But the whole "look at how WASP-y" we are thing, actually using the acronym "WASP" and referring to their style as "Ivy League" as part of the sales pitch, is amusing. Oh, I should also mention that they take vanity sizing to a new level. I wear a pretty big shirt. In most brands I'm a 41L/16.5-35. That's a legitimate large, perhaps XL. But at Press that's a medium. Except for the sleeves, which are too short.
I went into Press for the first time last week, and I have to say I didn't get the place. Expensive shirts with plastic buttons and fused suits/jackets with shelf-like 1980s shoulders are "traditional Ivy League?" Not everything was bad, mind. Their contrasting-edge linen pocket squares are nice. Their shoes aren't overpriced. I suppose if one wears sock garters, he would like to be able to buy Albert Thurston ones locally. The suits are inexpensive, though that's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mild Mannered could you please share the secret of getting out of an Ikea store quickly? i hate going to Ikea because ofthe way they have the damned place rigged so you have to take the entire store tour for almost an hour just to get to the cashier section. How do we get out of the damned place fast? what is the secret? Go in through the marketplace.
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi DAAAAAMMMMNN!!! that's awesome. what are the AD's discounting JLC's by these days? i'm "kinda" saving up for a Master Hometime Don't know about all of 'em, but on at least some the discounts can exceed 50%. Other recent (weekend) purchases were -Two Luigi Borelli belts from Filene's Basement. One is sky blue elasticized cotton webbing with a navy stripe down the middle, suede ends, and a solid...