or Connect

Posts by Sprezzatura2010

Quote: Originally Posted by JibranK I never quite understood the point of brown pinstriped fabrics. I bought a suit - on here! - in a brown flannel with ink-blue pinstripes, and it's one of my favorites. I wear it for social things, not work. Women love seeing it on me, too.
$215? Wow, they've come down a lot in less than a year. If you want similar clarity of sound from loudspeakers, you need to focus on maximizing direct sound and minimizing reflected sound. In addition to room treatments - think practical, good-looking things such as bookcases - you need speakers with narrow, constant directivity. Earl Geddes (www.gedlee.com) sells probably the most advanced line of such speakers out there. Tannoy's big (10" and up) Dual Concentrics work...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexus6 Let us not pick on Florsheim alone for the decline in quality This is the same fate that has befallen Bostonian, Stacey Adams, Cole Haan, and a lot of others. All great shoes in their day...and today, all trimmed down to stay alive. Not that interested in the economics debate, but as a policy question I think it's more interesting to reframe it thusly: Would one rather have all these makers, turning...
I've always reached for sportcoats more. My "uniform" for basically all of my adult life has consisted of a sportcoat, often with jeans on my own time, an open-collar shirt, a pocket square, and whatever shoes I felt like wearing when I dressed myself. I've never worked anywhere that required wearing of suits, though I own a bunch and enjoy wearing suits.
Quote: Originally Posted by OxWing Lookin' to get some nice chinos here -- I used the search function but couldn't find a thread specifically about who makes what kind of chinos. I'm looking for some nice chinos, I'd wear them casually but they'd need to be able to hold a decent crease b/c I'm an engineer and that means biz casual is the usual MO. I dislike creases in khakis for any use. Quote: Originally Posted by Spark Polo...
I bought two pairs of shorts I consider stylish this year. The first are lightweight flat-front khaki cotton ones from Edun with front pockets that button shut. They are not cargoes - the GF hates them! - but they have a convenient back-hip welted pocket that's the right size for a cellphone. I could not find a picture of them online. The second are cotton flat-front POW check "walk shorts" from J. Press. ZegnaSport also has well-cut, albeit wildly overpriced,...
Mix of 2 and 3-2, with some 6x2 on top. Not a big fan of 3, 6x3, or 6x1, or 4xanything.
Quote: Originally Posted by Phat Guido they are: 1. Blousey 2. Over priced 3. cheap buttons 4. low arm holes 5. Harrolds sell them - that alone is bad enough.. Just my AU$0.02 so not worth much in US$.. Pulling up an old thread because I had never heard of this brand and did a search on it... I never saw a Xacus shirt until the pink linen one with two chest pockets and a button-down collar I bought on Sunday. I had never even heard...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan And they did double blind testing. So it probably sounds pretty good. Wouldn't know, never heard one. Best OEM car stereo I've ever heard was a Dynaudio-branded Volvo system with a well-placed center channel. And I don't typically like Dynaudio's home or studio speakers. Which begs the question, why does a deaf person like you like it? Because someone had the foresight to slap an "audiophile...
One of the articles said that Jil Sander is consulting for Uniqlo. Maybe I need to check them out.