or Connect

Posts by Sprezzatura2010

Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan That would only be true if a set of measurements could capture an audio experience. Unfortunately that is not the case. You only say that because you're too deaf to hear the improvements in fidelity between good-measuring gear and badly-measuring gear. Such as speakers with uniform, controlled polar response and all of the other crappy speakers out there. Well, JGH didn't say anything about...
Quote: Originally Posted by Degendorff One of my favorite looks of Cary Grant is this one from To Catch a Thief: I wore something broadly in this direction last Saturday night to dinner: -Medium grey heathered unconstructed sportcoat with patch pockets; -Light blue OBCD; -Dark blue linen pocket square with pindots and white roll; -White linen trousers with side-tabs; -Light brown suede loafers. No pics that I know of, though if my...
Three things: 1) Got a nice tan during a Friday/Saturday trip to the beach with the gf. 2) Discovered that a couple fresh-squeezed lemons, a quick splash of simple syrup, and club soda makes the best lemonade ever. 3) Learned on the plane that the small tips on Apple's IEM's (the new dual-armature ones) not only stay in but also sound way better with them. Less of a tube between drivers and eardrum, so less diffraction/HOM's maybe? (Surprisingly for IEM's ostensibly...
Wait - what besides denim is included? I already bought two pairs of jeans (the Chimalas and the PRPS Impalas) but there might be some other stuff I'd be interested in taking off your guys' hands.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt First of all, I am not convinced Gore is a stable human being. I think he deals with power just as badly as Bush does, and he gives me no confidence whatsoever. Second, if you recall, pre-Iraq, the Democratic party was very into nation building, and Gore was hardly a political enemy of the most pro-Iraq war Democrats in congress, so I am not at all convinced that things would have been a whole lot different on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire So you're saying, only hold people accountable for the first 30k, after that, it's basically free? Yes. I don't think people should have to have more student debt than that.
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas The Economist had a little factoid in an article about the Sotomayor overturning that was interesting: Shows you just how clueless we really are. Still, I imagine it wouldn't be much different anywhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if the change really had more to do with the attention Ricci received than Obama. Lots of white people (and not just Republicans) are likely happy that some "uppity black...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I have seen more racism from the Dems lately. Fortunately Obama's failing.... I was talking at a bar last night with this guy who told my gf and me that several right-wingnuts of late have been talking about their desire to see the American government overthrown in a military coup. He specifically mentioned some guy named Michael Shower. He also said that Limbaugh approved on the Honduran coup so...
Before I start, a hilarious quote from Sarah Palin, the gift that keeps on giving: ""the ethics violations have been horrendous" Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire That aside, do any of you Obama supporters agree with even one bullet in this email? Just wondering. Yes. The tax stuff was really, really embarrassing. Most of the bullets were just stupid. Some of them would have been admirable had GWB done them, such as ordering Wagoner's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I used to like Peggy but she values the D.C. party invites a bit too much these days. I wish the GOP would stop falling apart and act like grownups. Some loyal, constructive opposition would be useful both to the party and the US. But a party that basically survived on Southern racism for three decades is going to take time to mature, I guess.