or Connect

Posts by Sprezzatura2010

Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Sorry, E, Douglas is right. Krugman may have been a great economist once -- I am not competent to judge, but others I respect have said so -- but since he got his NYT column, he has been nothing but a loud, shrill, partisan hack. Except that he has had this awful penchant for being, well, right. Basically all his predictions about the Bush administration came true, unfortunately. And there have been days...
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. I feel sorry for these folks, their entire identity is defined by the idealogy its frightening (its a cult like lifestyle). In fact, its hard to imagine having a conversation with one without their veganism coming up. Well, when someone has to spend so much time foraging for grub, I guess she's going to become one-sided and annoying.
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff I wish I had watched that game to figure out how they couldve lost to that disastrous St Louis squad. Any given Sunday, etc., etc. They were hyped to be playing for a new coach, maybe. And the Redskins let themselves be complacent after two tough games against "real" opponents. A friend texted me after the Iggles game "guess the NFC West is the best division in football." Have they started...
Quote: Originally Posted by brianja It was frustrating because I ran the setup and lived with it that way for a few weeks. I finally disabled it because it just sounded awful and the system came back alive. Hmm. I know in my system it took out some euphonic but inaccurate midbass bloom (speakers up against the wall, right one actually in a corner) but barely touched the highs. Also, it took about two hours out of the subwoofer setup time; I...
Pimm's No. 1 Firefly (sweet tea vodka from South Carolina that I recently discovered) Beefeater Zubrowka (bison grass vodka) Pama
Quote: Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe Large rear tires are almost a necessity when making large amounts of power....ask Porsche or AMG. But large amounts of power is something a sportscar almost never has! Quote: Originally Posted by Kai Please tell us the identity of this great sports car you drive. I have no doubt that in spite of its supposed superiority to the Viper that it is a car that is nowhere near as fast...
To give you an example,. last night I went on one of my basically biannual clubbing nights for a friend's birthday. Here's what I wore: -50% Mohair/50% wool blend black Isaia "Stewart A." body (just looked at the tag to confirm) sportcoat with thin lapels rolling to the middle button and double vents. I left the cuffs unbuttoned, because such environments beg for a little bit of tackiness -Sky-blue-with-white-edges linen pocket square -Paul Smith signature stripe...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Of course it does. One does not have to be a terrorist in order for it to be troubling that one is involved with terrorists. Do you not think it possible that Sen. Obama, at the time he met Prof. Ayers, was actually unaware of the man's history? I know he hasn't said it, and saying it might just be damning, putting him in the same "what's due dilligence?" boat that the Palin pick put Sen. McCain in. But given...
Quote: Originally Posted by Swoop41 I like them a lot too, but aren't those women's boots? Oh, those are the shoes one of the badly-dressed American designers (Michael Bastian?) is wearing in the Esquire Black Book spread. I think they have a serious identity crisis. They don't know if they want to grow up and become real shoes or stay as petulant sneakers. Alternately, the deformed child of an Alden 405 and a New Balance all-terrain...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jmca1 Pardon my ignorance, but what makes the Paraboot so special exactly? I've never heard of them and I like the look of these, but not for $1k. They're a French company that I know mostly for their foul weather shoes. I think of them as the French Allen Edmonds: sturdy, no nonsense shoes. From what I remember, that's how they used to be priced, too, not cheap but good value. Unless they have upped their game...