or Connect

Posts by Sprezzatura2010

Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday Iconic stuff, not all of which I can endorse: Persol sunglasses/Ray Ban Wayfarers Tod's driving mocs Gucci bit loafers Brooks buttondowns Berluti Andy loafers Brigg umbrellas Belstaff jackets Barbour waxed jackets JLC Reversos Hermes ties Good list, though I can't think of anything by Berluti as "iconic." I'd add the following: Burberry DB trench Alden 405's JM Weston 180's JL...
Thought you guys might like pics of the new subs, the Bella from a Monster Cable division called M-Design. I snapped 'em with my phone so they're tiny, but serviceable. Sub #1, on the wall next to my left speaker. The wall angles away at the end of the cabinet, into a hallway. Same sub, no grille. It looks better with the grille. Note the signature pointy dustcap on the driver. I will be plugging that port, because I'm more concerned about using these to smooth...
Quote: Originally Posted by Magician It is an objective fact that portions of the quor'an are verbatim (or with small changes) lifted from earlier religious texts - the significance of this fact is debatable. Still I don't see this topic ending well..... That could cut either way. If you believe Islam is kind of like "Religion v. 3.0", then it would make sense that it kept some "code," as it were, from v. 1.0 and v. 2.0. Likewise, if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thracozaag If the Cowboys manage to land Williams...sheesh. Are Cowboys fans smart enough to handle two Roy Williamses on the roster? I'm scratching my head a bit at the Redskins picking up Shaun Alexander instead of looking for all of the secondary help they can find. Even with Betts out, Portis is gobbling up yards like they insulted his sister, and Rock Cartwright is a perfectly capable backup. Of course, I'll be...
I bought one at Knize in Vienna a few years ago.
Quote: Originally Posted by King Francis Leaving aside the bad/ungrammatical writing,* there's some disturbing information in the article: * "World policy makers met at the weekend, after a black Friday on financial markets, to agree radical measures to rescue banks, revive liquidity and tackle the risk of a global recession." Comments like the above make educated people look down on Republicans.
Quote: Originally Posted by Stephan R. hello forum, just bought this pair of "xxx couture" Zenga shoes. my question: who builds them? At one point, it was either Sutor Mantellassi, or someone who copied their nailwork exactly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Schnurretiger Okay, older than 2001, but probably the most impractible car (yet cool car) there is: No roof, no windscreen wipers, non-functioning doors and no luggare compartment. Found on ebay. Can't find a picture, but when I was a kid I was in love with the Evans Series-1. Met the designer at an auto show as a sixth grader. The car was basically a Kudzu IMSA racer with a fiberglass body and a small...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kai Whether they are superior to a Viper I suppose depends on personal preferences. I've been corrupted by the Viper's raw power, and would have a hard time giving that up, particularly because I love to spend time at the track. For a second car, however, I'd be hard put to find something better than a Miata. It would be great for canyon cruising here in Colorado on a sunny fall day. Fair enough. The most...
I picked it up yesterday. Except for the spread about "American" designers, which was a complete bust - not because the spread was bad, but because the clothes featured in it were inelegant, intellectually bankrupt, and utterly incongruous with the rest of the book - I liked it. Sure, the Napoli piece was a hackneyed soft advertisement, but one has to expect that kind of thing in a modern print magazine. And I assume the PR reps foisted that Paul Smith notch lapel tux on...