or Connect

Posts by Sprezzatura2010

Quote: Originally Posted by Lawman Bennie's? I missed out on that one. You guys all know about Bennie's? Damn. How did that happen? I guess in the age of the internet nothing's a local secret any more, for better or worse. But since I'm not buying any more shoes for a little while, they have a great black pebblegrain ankle boot with a Danite sole on display. I don't know if they go as high as 13. Besides the cognac wingtips I pulled off of...
I am very happy with my only pair of bespoke shoes, which were from Georg Materna in Vienna. There's another bespoke shoemaker there, but they were much more expensive.
Congrats! Where are you headed? Some of the 1L's who will be starting at my school have moved into my building, and I'm helping with orientation. I started last year. Here's some of the things I've told my mentee and the people in my building. In your first year, concentrate on learning to read cases quickly, and get all of the extra study aids you can. You'll probably want to buy a few commercial outlines, and you'll definitely want to make friend with upperclassmen to...
Wow, I had no idea Vass had such a huge following here! I did a search for the word and came up with 500 threads! Interesting about your tolerance for fit. Must be a nice way to build up a great shoe collection. I know that every time I've tried to order a shoe untried, my feet have rebelled and I have ended up giving the shoes to charity. I have not read anything about those 500 threads or seen the video you mention, but I did buy Lazlo Vass's book a while ago because...
I wish they could do "special" symbols. If NM could do a monogram that consists of the first letter of my first name with an exclamation point, I'd replace all my towels with them.
If you don't mind my asking, I'm curious why you'd be so eager to order Vass. Or order any shoes blind without having tried them or at least something in the same last. Unless you've previously tried them on or bought a pair at a store. That would change things. I've seen a few of their shoes, and own one pair that I bought on steep discount a few years ago: a black pebblegrain derby with commando sole that is in my rain shoe rotation. Overall, they seem nice but no nicer...
I really like the cut of that Valentino jacket. Everything about it, really. Are they decently made now, or as bad as they used to be? Fused and so on. I had a Valentino Uomo tux through college, and after just a couple drycleanings it went all bubbly on me.
Quote: Originally Posted by oneblood Uncontested: The Elvis Burger 1/2 pound patty with peanut butter, fried banana, bacon, and the regular dressings. It's delicious and should be available at many burger places. The Vortex in Atlanta makes the best one though. I don't think that Elvis Burger is on the menu at Vortex any longer. At least, I don't recall seeing it. They do have some monstrosity called the Cardiac Arrest or Double Bypass or...
Quote: Originally Posted by dkzzzz See everyone are saying Sonus Faber is great. My concertinos home are shit, simply put. They sound like two plastic buckets, have no realism, no sound stage and very pathetic highs. everything sound boomy an bassy on SF just the way they look. It is leather and mahogany sound. That sounds about right. Sonus Faber knows how to design a pretty cabinet and select expensive drive-units, but they don't know how to...
Living room home theater TV: Sony Bravia 46V3000 LCD, 1080p resolution and upscaling built in Sources, in order of use: Apple Airport Express, Comcast HD-DVR, Samsung (edit 8/22): I had thought it was a Toshiba when I first wrote this post, but I was wrong. Shows how much digital sources matter! Model # is DVD- HD841.) SACD/DVD-A/DVD player, Wal-Mart VCR Amplification: Denon AVR-4306 receiver with Audyssey MultEQ XT room correction Mains: Tannoy System 12 DMT II...