or Connect

Posts by Sprezzatura2010

Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan It really depends on the company. Kimber, Cardas and Nordost do in fact make their own wire. So they tell you. Youll believe anything so long as it's nicely spoon-fed to you. Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I do use some industry connections to buy good brands on accommodation prices (dealer cost or less). I usually spend around $100-200 per meter pair on interconnects (Kimber...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley banana republic socks. $2 a pair (end of season sale), and they're as good a sock as any. For dress (OTC) socks, I can't tell any difference between a pair of Marcolianis or Falkes that were $20+ and BR ones that were $2.99 last January. They hold up well in the wash, too. And unlike Pantherella's too-short OTCs, the cheap BR's don't slip down my calf during the day. So I will probably be buying fewer...
Quote: Originally Posted by MiloX Not to pick nits... but I would argue that there is such a thing as cable performance. The part and build quality will affect the long-term function of a cable in a given environment. Like I mentioned in my earlier post.... In a car or a boat it is advantageous to have sheathing and connectors that will withstand the constant vibrations of the environment. Not in the context of domestic audio, if someone...
Saw a few already. What really gets me is the odd relationship between beltline and cabin: the cabin looks more like a tank turret than a car. I guess that's the "chopped n' channelled" look hot-rodders have always gone for, so it'll be a hit with GM's intended demographic. But it looks odd to the kind of person who would've stepped on a Camaro to drool over an Alfa 1750GTV or MGB GT had he been alive in 1969.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I used ICR as shorthand. I don't measure inductance for a living so I wasn't trying to use L as in some equation. Some might confuse LCR as Left-Center-Right in any event as it is used in home theater mags. Do you think the others who have posted in this thread "measure inductance for a living?" No wonder you love Sarah Palin so much. Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan The point...
Giving recommendations without knowing the OP's budget is rather silly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I=Inductance Actually, anyone with a moderate-to-below-average familiarity with this sort of things knows that inductance is generally referred to by "L" or "Le" (the latter in the Thiele-Small loudspeaker model, maybe other places as well), not "I." Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan http://www.cardas.com/content.php?ar...able+Resonance Cable "resonance?" Are...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I note that you didn't answer the question, though. I'm being lazy. I could look it up for myself, but I wanted to see if someone who waded naturally into that talk radio shit could just tell me.
They get one detail really wrong that the ur-1969's had right: the selvage coin pocket. On the ur-1969's - who designed them? Wasn't it Adriano Goldschmeid or Rogan Gregory, someone like that - the coin pocket was rolled in on top, with the selvage edge inside. It was a classy touch. These new ones have it exposed on top for a gauche look.
Quote: Originally Posted by Macintosh I'd suggest Apple In-Ear Headphones. They sound really good, a lot of clarity and bass (as they have two drivers). They are $79 and come with one year warranty, so if they break, you just go to the Apple Store and get them replaced for free. I second this recommendation, with one additional reason. Most IEM's require continual purchase of filters to keep dust and earwax away from the drivers. I found on...