or Connect

Posts by Sprezzatura2010

Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Somehow I don't think MS is anywhere near panic mode. When you can effectively sell your product to 80% of the total available customers in your market - Why would you change your product to appease the 20% many of whom are unlikely to buy your product even if you give them what they want? Because you're not a one-trick pony. You're a two-trick pony. Windows and Office. (Maybe a three-trick pony, if you...
The online sale seems to have gotten worse. The spectator double-monk wingtips, for instance, are about $30 more than they were. The one exception are the "country club" shirts, which are now the same price per shirt if one buys one as they were yesterday if one bought two.
I recently found this gem of a quote from Stereophile's founding editor, thanks to a friend who alerted me to Harman engineer/designer Sean Olive's blog. "Audio as a hobby is dying, largely by its own hand. As far as the real world is concerned, high-end audio lost its credibility during the 1980s, when it flatly refused to submit to the kind of basic honesty controls (double-blind testing, for example) that had legitimized every other serious scientific endeavor since...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexus6 We really need to support MADE IN THE U.S.A (and Canada) As others have mentioned, these aren't made in the USA anyway. I saw a few of them at Sky Shoes, and wasn't impressed. So it sounds like the marketplace has spoken. Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday I expected this, as it seemed like a dead end for AE from the beginning. I hope this underscores to them the importance of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazda Like someone said earlier, a lot of you should leave the world of finance and business alone. I'm not sure what "the world of finance and business" has to do with the fact that Band of Outsiders' own label products are of execrable quality, so there would be nothing for them to "decontent" in doing a Gap tie-in.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayland I like Camel Hair blazers, but don't recall ever seeing one mentioned here. Perhaps this forum is bit too hip. I mean no disrespect in saying that, but I'm 43 and my likes might not equal those of a 23 year old. I mentioned to my secretary that I was considering a camel hair blazer and she said they were for old men (and she's an old woman). I bought my first camelhair jacket when I was 22. Admittedly,...
Quote: Originally Posted by kabert -- superb swimsuits (best selection I've seen in DC; plus, the maker appears to be the same maker for the now-defunct Sulka swimsuits) I went into the DC store today looking for swimsuits, but the older gentleman told me that they hadn't had swimsuits for at least two years. Too bad, because I need one for a weekend trip and was looking for something cheaper than RLPL.
No idea about exact timelines. When I first became aware of RLBL, they were fused. I didn't pay attention to the line for a while, and saw last year that they were no longer fused.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Knize sells RTW brands like Kiton and Cucinelli? I always thought they were chiefly a bespoke shop that sold their own label. I feel so disillusioned. Knize is the only high-end men's shop in Vienna now, and it's too big a shop to get by on bespoke. They used to badmouth Kiton, but I guess since Braun went under they sell Kiton now. Tod's is also fairly new for them. There is plenty of Knize-labeled RTW...
Quote: Originally Posted by blackbowtie Oh no! That would be disappointing. I'm going for the old stuff. Most people at the Wolf Trap last month went to hear their old stuff as well. They played basically none of it. The only songs I even recognized were Un Amore and A Tu Vera. That said, it was a fun show at a great venue. But I expect Wilco day after tomorrow to be better still.