or Connect

Posts by Sprezzatura2010

Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I used ICR as shorthand. I don't measure inductance for a living so I wasn't trying to use L as in some equation. Some might confuse LCR as Left-Center-Right in any event as it is used in home theater mags. Do you think the others who have posted in this thread "measure inductance for a living?" No wonder you love Sarah Palin so much. Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan The point...
Giving recommendations without knowing the OP's budget is rather silly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I=Inductance Actually, anyone with a moderate-to-below-average familiarity with this sort of things knows that inductance is generally referred to by "L" or "Le" (the latter in the Thiele-Small loudspeaker model, maybe other places as well), not "I." Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan http://www.cardas.com/content.php?ar...able+Resonance Cable "resonance?" Are...
They get one detail really wrong that the ur-1969's had right: the selvage coin pocket. On the ur-1969's - who designed them? Wasn't it Adriano Goldschmeid or Rogan Gregory, someone like that - the coin pocket was rolled in on top, with the selvage edge inside. It was a classy touch. These new ones have it exposed on top for a gauche look.
Quote: Originally Posted by Macintosh I'd suggest Apple In-Ear Headphones. They sound really good, a lot of clarity and bass (as they have two drivers). They are $79 and come with one year warranty, so if they break, you just go to the Apple Store and get them replaced for free. I second this recommendation, with one additional reason. Most IEM's require continual purchase of filters to keep dust and earwax away from the drivers. I found on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan That would only be true if a set of measurements could capture an audio experience. Unfortunately that is not the case. You only say that because you're too deaf to hear the improvements in fidelity between good-measuring gear and badly-measuring gear. Such as speakers with uniform, controlled polar response and all of the other crappy speakers out there. Well, JGH didn't say anything about...
Quote: Originally Posted by Degendorff One of my favorite looks of Cary Grant is this one from To Catch a Thief: I wore something broadly in this direction last Saturday night to dinner: -Medium grey heathered unconstructed sportcoat with patch pockets; -Light blue OBCD; -Dark blue linen pocket square with pindots and white roll; -White linen trousers with side-tabs; -Light brown suede loafers. No pics that I know of, though if my...
Three things: 1) Got a nice tan during a Friday/Saturday trip to the beach with the gf. 2) Discovered that a couple fresh-squeezed lemons, a quick splash of simple syrup, and club soda makes the best lemonade ever. 3) Learned on the plane that the small tips on Apple's IEM's (the new dual-armature ones) not only stay in but also sound way better with them. Less of a tube between drivers and eardrum, so less diffraction/HOM's maybe? (Surprisingly for IEM's ostensibly...
Wait - what besides denim is included? I already bought two pairs of jeans (the Chimalas and the PRPS Impalas) but there might be some other stuff I'd be interested in taking off your guys' hands.
Looks a lot like a Citroen C6 mixed with a big Volvo.