or Connect

Posts by Sprezzatura2010

Quote: Originally Posted by MiloX I am not a home system guy. I am a SQ competitor in the 12v space. The environment is harsh both physically and acoustically. It's a fun hobby. And unfortunately, a lot of the home audio snake-oil crap has found its way into our little community of misfits. I got my audio "start" in 12V. I still have the system I installed in my 1968.5 Citroën DS-21 while I was in high school: -Denon DCT-950R headunit...
Yesterday, my Chimala buckle-backs came in from the Farinelli's flash sale. (They were on my doorstep on Saturday, but I was not home.) They are very nice jeans. I like the detailing and the fit. Chimala advertises these jeans as "relaxed fit." Yet, when comparing their measurements, I find they are the a little smaller than Nudie RRDS's with the same size waistband, and have about the same rise. (I expect, like the RRDS's, they will stretch out a bit.) The KMW 1950 and...
I like the glen plaid tie, but I would go tieless, with a pocket square, if I were you.
Soda Guns Trucks and SUVs Light-colored shell cordovan
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Roy just joined Nordost this year but at the time he was the publisher/editor of UK magazine HiFi+, a respected high end journal. "Respected high end journal" is an oxymoron. Hifi+ does not make any attempts to independently verify the performance claims they breathlessly repeat for the gear they "test" (so far as I can tell from their website) and the article I skimmed read like marketing...
I have no idea who Roy Gregory is. Or I didn't until I looked him up. VP of Marketing for a wire company (Nordost). I've never seen one of P.T. Barnum's "demonstrations," either.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan It really depends on the company. Kimber, Cardas and Nordost do in fact make their own wire. So they tell you. Youll believe anything so long as it's nicely spoon-fed to you. Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I do use some industry connections to buy good brands on accommodation prices (dealer cost or less). I usually spend around $100-200 per meter pair on interconnects (Kimber...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley banana republic socks. $2 a pair (end of season sale), and they're as good a sock as any. For dress (OTC) socks, I can't tell any difference between a pair of Marcolianis or Falkes that were $20+ and BR ones that were $2.99 last January. They hold up well in the wash, too. And unlike Pantherella's too-short OTCs, the cheap BR's don't slip down my calf during the day. So I will probably be buying fewer...
Quote: Originally Posted by MiloX Not to pick nits... but I would argue that there is such a thing as cable performance. The part and build quality will affect the long-term function of a cable in a given environment. Like I mentioned in my earlier post.... In a car or a boat it is advantageous to have sheathing and connectors that will withstand the constant vibrations of the environment. Not in the context of domestic audio, if someone...
Saw a few already. What really gets me is the odd relationship between beltline and cabin: the cabin looks more like a tank turret than a car. I guess that's the "chopped n' channelled" look hot-rodders have always gone for, so it'll be a hit with GM's intended demographic. But it looks odd to the kind of person who would've stepped on a Camaro to drool over an Alfa 1750GTV or MGB GT had he been alive in 1969.