or Connect

Posts by Sprezzatura2010

Bump to say I received the BBGF suit I bought from this seller today, and I think it's worth noting that he packs things more securely than most electronics makers do. UPS would've had to shoot at the box to damage the wood GF hanger!
I wear linen squares all year. I don't own a wool one, but I usually like some texture contrast between my coat and square. If the wool one provides that, go for it.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt media outlets tend to choose two kinds of stooges from the side opposed to the main thrust of the group opinion. They either choose softies, or they choose loud-mouthed idiots. They do so because they have an interest in seeming like they have a balanced view, but also an interest in making sure the regular audience, which is generally very similar in view to the outlet, does not stray. The WSJ chose idiot. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by superfans124 I think the only country that genuinely fear this scenario is Pakistan, its homebred extremists have already given it enough headaches with America and India, and China, which is historically a ally to Pakistan, if eventually grew tired and hostile, there will be no sleep til Islamabad. I agree and disagree with you. On the one hand, China probably no longer needs Pakistan to secure its southern...
I think there's a difference everyone's ignoring: the difference between investing and gambling. If you put money into something because you think somebody has a good idea that could be great if it were better funded, that is investing. Borrowing to invest can make sense. If you just put money into "the market" and start hedging and so on, you're no longer investing. You're gambling. And in the long run, the house always wins. As it should. Borrowing to gamble was never...
Quote: Originally Posted by MiloX What have you done with DS-21? The car is sitting several hundred miles away from me. I should ask the moderators if it would be possible to change my name here to that. My current one is really lame.
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy "Fit" is all relative. I have tons of jeans archived, and what would have been considered "lowrise" in 2003 would be considered "regular rise" in 2009, and what would be called "slim fit" in 2003 would probably be considered "regular" or even "relaxed" in 2009. This is not limited to jeans and casualwear. I have a suit that was considered slim back in 2001, that I just can't wear now because I feel that it fits like a...
I found both my summer sublet and my normal residence through CL. And sold some furniture on it. Bought a pair of really nice temporary speakers (NHT 2.9) for the summer. It's no more or less safe than the newspaper classifieds are (were), even though the barrier to entry is lower.
Quote: Originally Posted by MiloX Has a very strong aversion to kick-panel placement, but is definitely on the "correct" side of the audio science vs religion debate. Yep, no ankle biters for me!
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire 2) Chelsea is a good example. She was often "put out there" by/with her parents. No one ever made jokes remotely close about her, such as has been made about the various Palin daughters. That's because Chelsea Clinton kept her nose down, went to a good school, presumably did well, and generally acted the way one would expect a First Child to act. Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire But...