or Connect

Posts by wilhelm

Gentlemen, It's been a few years since my previous overland trip in Asia, but in November this year I'll try finding my way through Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. Although my wardrobe covers business and city vacations well, it is entirely unprepared for beaches, jungles and overcrowded buses. I'll have to expand my wardrobe to find a middle ground between looking like a walking ATM and a sandal-wearing slob. Do you have any suggestions for stylish, yet practical...
There's only a few shops worth visiting. Some suggestions: Skomaker Dagestad (Josefines gate 2) - Norway's only proper shoe shop. Small, but good. Closes early, though. Royal Menswear (Holbergs gate 30) - Mostly a MTM shop, but has various OTR items as well. Ferner Jacbosen (Stortingsgata 14) - One of the very few classic menswear stores left in Oslo. Most of the others have died and been replaced by cheap chain stores. Steen & Strøm Magasin (Kongens gate 23)...
Quote: Originally Posted by medtech_expat Thanks, Wilhelm. Did you go with the lasted shoe trees as well? What was the damage? I wanted to wait until I had checked if the shoes actually fit before ordering the lasted trees, so no, not yet. I can't remember how much they cost.
Quote: Originally Posted by medtech_expat 1) how many times did you visit Springline? Was it just for the initial measurements, or also when the lasts were finished? I make it to London a few times a year, but not sure I could always carve out time for multiple trips to Northampton. Just once. Cliff picked the lasts up at Spring Line when they were ready. Quote: Originally Posted by medtech_expat 2) once a last is...
Here are mine, from S&H:
Quote: Originally Posted by guster Wilhelm: What are those suede shoes. I like them They are made to order by Cliff Roberts of Northampton on a bespoke last from Spring Line.
Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 Curious, did you try a mock sample shoe with Cliff in order to test the last? No. Quote: Originally Posted by Slewfoot Very nice color on the suede. In terms of Springline's prices, is it still 190 sterling to get a bespoke last made up? Yes, that's what I paid.
Yes, I visited Spring Line in person, which was a nice experience. The last maker easily spotted the cause of why most shoes don't fit me particularly well, and suggested ways to avoid those problems. He also helped me choose a nice last shape in line with my preferences. Cliff met me at Spring Line, showed me some of his excellent work and taught me a lot about how he makes his shoes before giving me a tour of Northampton and driving me to the train station. All in...
I received my suede shoes from Cliff today, and love them: They are made on a bespoke last from Spring Line of Northampton and fit my oddly shaped feet better than any other shoe I've worn. Cliff got all my requested details right, both with regards to fit and to style. Now I see no reason to order shoes from anyone else. (c: