or Connect

Posts by Theo Moore

Just to keep you all in the loop, I went to Ede & Ravenscroft today to have a jacket sleeve shortened, and they turned me down, indicating a new policy of only tailoring items that have been purchased at their shop. This seems to be a new policy, as I had trousers tailored by them a few months back. I then stopped by David Clarke above the Cafe Creme shop on Broad St. He quoted me £55 to shorten sleeves and £85 to do a fairly routine slimming of the back. This was way...
I wanted to bump this thread up because I was also looking for an alterations tailor in Oxford. I live on High St. and don't have a car, so it would have to be very very local (will have a look at Ede & Ravenscroft soon). Also, if anybody know of a dry cleaner, this would also be great. The consensus seems to be that there are no decent dry cleaners anywhere near High St.
Is the button stance on this suit too high? I prefer it about 0.75"-1" lower (comparable to the button stance of JCrew Ludlow suits). Can I get some comments on the fit and in particular, the button position?
If so, I could really use your help. Can you measure: 1. The width of the widest portion of the hips (directly across the front) 2. The width of the leg opening 3. The crotch height (center of pants, from the top of the waist to the bottom of the crotch). The reason is that I need these measurements for a suit to be made, but there is not really a JCrew near me (and the last time I tried on the Ludlow pants, it fit really well).
I'm looking to buy your Indochino coupon (e.g. through Groupon); they're usually $320 for a jacket, shirt, and tie, though of course I'd be willing to pay you more. Expiry dates are mostly unimportant as long as it does not expire within a week.
I'm 5'7 or 5'8 with shoes, and I can tell you what I've learned in the last 2-3 months trying on ridiculous amounts of clothes and also currently going through Indochino M2M. If you look at my fit question here, you can learn a bit about how, even though I'm short, I'm really not suited for a short jacket. These last few months, I kept on buying 38S or 40S and returning them. I kept on thinking that a short would make me look taller, but they always looked wrong.The issue...
This is from Indochino, and I need a remake. Was hoping I can get some advice about the fit and in particular, guesstimates of how much I should change the various measurements by. The shirt fits amazing. Bang on with the measurements, except for the wrist, which is much too small. I forgot to include the size of my watch. I'm going to request a remake for this reason, but I dunno whether they'll accept. Basically, it fits fine on the right wrist, but on the left, it...
Hi, I'm in the mood to buy a handful of skinny ties. Silk only. Do any of you know of a good online retailer, where I can get them for cheap? Perhaps from someplace overseas.
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffsWood this happened to me once - ordered a white shirt - got a blue shirt. I emailed a ricky few times, never heard back from him, but also never got charged for the shirt. Jantzens is an adventrue! Yes, this is what I assumed would happen (ignored). People have e-mailed before with problems in their order and that generally seems to happen. I'll just let it slide. I don't look great with pink, but for $40,...
I ordered a shirt from Jantzen tailors in September. I got it today. I gave them 3-4 possible fabrics to choose from, almost all of them olive green. The shirt they sent me fits fine, and the fabric is decent -- but it's CHECKERED PINK! (huh?!!?) Jantzen 3488 Jantzen 3481 Jantzen 2230 Jantzen 3212 Am I crazy or are none of these checkered pink? I've heard of Jantzen substituting different fabrics, but this is just ridiculous! ------------------------- What should I...