or Connect

Posts by level32

Quote: Originally Posted by M0nster Was about to write this until I saw someone beat me to it. It's all about how good you think the new firm will be. Definitely people that were very good at what they do and heavily grew the business when they were at the big company. I am hoping for some great things from them and to pick up what I can from them.
AChekhovGun, By no means is anyone saying that you're locked into accounting after two years of experience. What everyone is saying is this - if you're looking to transition to a highly competitive job in the finance or consulting industry from your background, it's going to be quite an uphill climb. Your lack of non-accounting experience and "middle-of-the-rankings MBA" is going to hurt you as you'll be fighting for spots against post-mbas with much more or much more...
Initially when I was contacted, I was slightly hesitant not knowing all the details. After meeting and speaking extensively with all the people involved, I am definitely going to do it. I respect each one of them quite a bit and I feel like this will be an amazing learning opportunity. At worst, this is going to be a good story. While a bunch of you are talking about equity, I really don't think it's on the table. I don't even feel right asking for it as I'm less than...
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFrog Even if it doesn't work out for you in the end, your being loyal will be noticed by the partner you follow. I'm sure he will take care of you. Then again, what do I know? I'm a senior about to graduate and I still haven't landed a fucking job. Can you ask him to give me one? Do appreciate your comments. I think our mindset might be more similar due to being relatively close in age. I can definitely...
Let's say you're a decent performer for the past two years (right out of undergrad) at a pretty good consulting firm (not MBB). Culture of the current firm is shifting and mostly not for the better. The partner you are under leaves the firm along with a few other higher level people. Later you find out it's to start a boutique consulting firm doing very similar things. A couple months later, you get offered to join his tiny firm of <5 people. Pay is better and you...
If you're interested in utilizing your undergrad education at all, I'd suggest Patent Office -> Law school. That seems to be a fairly common path for someone of your background.
http://assets.starbucks.com/assets/t...e-12-06-10.pdf
Quote: Originally Posted by Souper You ever take a class with Damodaran? I heard he's supposed to be awesome. When doing my interviews recently, went through a lot of his slides and articles to prep. It's PE interview season... is that what you were reviewing for? Nobody does valuation like Damodaran.
What kind of job?
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Informative post. Thanks. No, really. My point was that the result should have been obvious based on the factors in play. In my mind, it doesn't paint a relevant bleak picture at all as it gives absolutely no insight to someone who actually has a drawn out business plan and knows how to work through the numbers to make sure the business is profitable/sustainable. All that link shows is that, people...