or Connect

Posts by francoamerican

Color help I'm trying to get some more examples of what this color might look like in real life. Anybody have an idea what official CJ color this is? http://www.shipton-usa.com/mens/mens-oxford-shoes/blandford-brown-calf-oxford.html They have a 10% off - effectively you are getting mainline CJ for $350. I wish that had more last selection - of course that may be their marketing approach! thanks
i'm tired of feeling embarrassed at daskalos since I can never buy anything there! Same goes for Nordstrom. Any suggestions? thanks!
It appears the U and F lasts would not be good for me, but I want something still reasonably sleek. Is New peter the best bet? Any other suggestions? thanks
Looks like he's wearing double cuffs with that casual outfit. I'm always unsure about that - but I'd like to know that's it ok to just wear double cuffs all the time
I am wondering if new sewing holes in the upper, liner, and insole rib are created each time a goodyear built shoe is resoled? It appears that the welt is completely replaced, from what I see, but does the old stiching remain or is it removed? Assuming otherwise perfect condition of upper and liner and insole ribbing is there a limitation on the number of resoles simply from the "damage" done by sewing and resewing of the welt to the upper/liner/rib? thanks FA
I would skip the black captoe. As far specifically where to look for quality, sleeker shoes, I would take a look at crockett jones mail order (from UK - mail order has more selection than pediwear and the CJ website.) Pediwear.co.uk and bodileys of northampton both have terrible stock shortages right now. Find out how your foot fits the 341 last. You can mail order a pair of Crockett Jones on the 341 from Barneys and keep them or return them (there is about a...
It depends what you do and how casual or formal you like to be? How often do you wear a suit?Also, do you prefer sleek shoes or chunkier shoes?
Rather than start a new thread, I will say that I just received saphir neutral cordovan cream from afinepairofshoes. They also have colored creams for shell. I had stopped putting the alden wax polish on my shoes because it took a lot of effort and time to get it thin enough in terms of covering to not cause more problems than it fixed. I also really want my #8, barrie, NST to lighten - they are about 5 years old and have lightened in some areas, but I want the...
Ha ha thanks. Yes Plal. The only thing i can say to feel less guilty is that with shipping (which i don't think they used to do) and everything $560 is what hit my credit card. Oh and they are now out of customs! 3.5 days just for future benchmarks for people.
I can't keep staring at the 6 or 7 pictures of CJ Cliffords that I have bookmarked any more, and I can't keep refreshing my tracking information on the USPS website. Do any of you have any tips to keep me sane?