or Connect

Posts by trader

Quote: Originally Posted by dcg I personally haven't used either, but from what I've read the 15-85 does not give up much optically or in terms of build to the 17-55 (actually I've heard that the 15-85 is better built; maybe someone else can confirm). Since you seem to use the long end of the 17-85, I'd think the 15-85 would be a good bet, plus you'll gain the extra 2mm on the wide end (which is pretty substantial). I have the 17-55 and I...
nobd, what kind of photography do you like to do most? or where do you do most of your shooting? indoors, outdoors, night time, etc 85mm is pretty close to 100 but they both have different uses. i own both a 85 1.4 zeiss and 100L macro. the canon 85 1.8 is probably the best lens canon offers in terms of value. if you like to shoot portraits, especially women, then the 85 1.8 is gold.
how bout the 17-55 2.8 IS if you don't need the extra reach. it's the best zoomable lens on a crop (24-70 2.8 might have a bit nicer colors but it's heavy, no IS and the weather sealing doesn't mean much when no crop bodies are sealed)
your story sounds exactly like mine to the T. i couldn't even bend that day, took a couple weeks off and went back and made it worse. chiropractors... i'll leave my comments to myself. charlie harper is right though. i saw one for a few sessions. they just apply some heat and crack your back. i can do that myself thanks. go to a doctor which will refer you to a physical therapist (mine specialized in sports). they'll know what's up and give you a proper treatment. my...
90% of my workday is spent monitoring systems that aren't doing anything 90% of the time.
Quote: Originally Posted by GBear Collective List of Anything Classy /thread ftfy
anything you ever needed to know about CLP (only good for people in the US) http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=948785
Oh ya it'll be quite an upgrade. Especially at higher ISO levels. You can shoot pretty clean files at 3200. A lot of used 60Ds are showing up for sale now (not cause they're bad, just cause they were too new before). I like to crop a lot so the 18mp helps. You can pick up a used T2i for about 300 less than a used 60D and it'll give you the same image quality, same with that of a 7D. Just less features and smaller body. I don't mind buying camera equipment used if they...
Thanks. I dig your stuff too, especially since I'm really into macro. Even though the 60D gets so much hate from canon users I think it's a great camera. I didn't get the 7D cause I don't need its AF system or machine gun shooting abilities. I don't mind that it's plastic. That issue is so overblown. And I think the swivel screen is awesome. I use it a lot more than I thought I would. Really handy for macro work and different perspective shots. Whenever I'm out shooting...
so i was out shooting earlier this week and i forgot to zip up my backpack and this lens fell out onto the pavement from over a meter high while i was standing :S luckily it fell on the back end and the plastic cap broke but the lens seems to be fine. i was in a moment of shock though i took this photo the next day so it seems to be working okay. its entirely made of metal so i'm sure that helped. also doesn't have any parts inside like auto-focus or image...