or Connect

Posts by trader

The jewelery shoot sounds like fun. Are you gonna do any crazy concepts with fun models and crazy make up, or it just like a normal jewelery store ad type of thing? We need to do about 5-6 shots for the spread so we'll be shooting at difference places in the theater. One shot will be on stage with him looking at me or into an empty audience. I'll probably shoot him with 1 large gridded softbox camera left/right at 45 degrees, angled down, with 1 strobe behind him for a...
Nice job. Looking forward to seeing the pics. I have my biggest shoot yet coming up in 3 days and I'm a bit nervous, but really excited at the same time. It's for a magazine spread with one of the back street boys. We're doing it in an old theater so I have to make sure my lighting is spot on. I hope I don't goof up Same as you I won't be able to show pics until it's published.
I'm not sure what this is. It has stripes like a bee but it's smaller. I was able to get one in flight . There's another one on the flower but it's totally washed out from the sun bouncing off the flower. IMG_9685-2 by table4one?, on Flickr
I don't have the luma loop but do have the blackrapid strap and I love it.I'm also pretty sure he's just coiling it around his hand and it's attached on both sides.
nice post. when i first started i used 15 dollar flood lamps from home depot against a bed sheet to diffuse the light for a nice soft look. even though i have many dollars worth of lighting equipment now, my favorite light is still natural window light. there's so much you can do it with.i do think the shots would've been nicer if the light was diffused cause the hot spots really stick out with her skin tone. the super ghetto cheap version: use a couple kleenexes in front...
Quote: Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón While the image quality surely is stellar, I don't think I'd want to live without autofocus. I guess I'll try to live a while with the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 on the 500D and the 85mm f/1.8 on the 3, then I'll see what I need. The 1k+ L lenses are too expensive for me and the 17-40 is perhaps too slow at f/4 even though I could afford it, I will test that by shooting the Tamron at f/4 - 5.6 for a while. While 28,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón What kind (mm & f) of lenses do you guys own and really use? I gave back the 50mm I've had borrowed and now I'm not sure if my selection is ideal. Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 (APS-C only) Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro I was now considering to sell my Tamron 17-50 and get something with EF mount (so I can also use it on the EOS 3) to cover the wide angle. I looked at a lot of stuff and ran into some...
it's gonna be a wild close today boys. the russell rebalance is my favorite day of the year
i taught overseas for over a year after graduating. it's just for fun. i don't even put it on my resume. came back with a few hundred dollars and memories to last me a lifetime. shit... good times....
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini I think I'm going to have to find a body I can play around with. I like stronger bodies but as I travel a lot I don't want a camera weighing me down. fujifilm x100 is an excellent camera. it handles high ISO even better than the newer canon bodies (60D, 7D, 5D mark2). and im sure its really fun to use. they're out of stock everywhere but you can buy them on...