or Connect

Posts by jimboni

hmm... it looks like i'm the only member who spends time on the other side of the rope: when i'm not drawing buildings, i often dj at clubs and can pretty much show up wearing whatever i feel like. while i understand dress codes to an extent - new orleans has a lot of gangbanger wannabes and ali-g types - every rule like that should have blatant exceptions (and not just the club owner's slut girlfriend who asks you to play top 40 rap when you play house). p.s. the clubs...
Whew. I recently noticed similar cracking on my Edward Green Westminsters, and was afraid I was gonna have to sell a kidney to get another pair from George Bass. Thanks for the vodka suggestion, Bengal Stripe; perhaps bourbon would add to the golden glow of the leather
Quote: there probably aren't that many forumers who grew up in the '50's...for example i grew up in the '80's, when new wave, preppy, punk, and proto-hiphop styles coexisted in a cacophanous melange. also i remember lots of acid-wash jeans. *shudder* that said, i lived in the south, where if you dressed 'gay' you were more likely to get sneered at than propositioned. i remember visiting my old middle school right after i had moved away, and i was wearing a pink...
Maybe the Conduit cut might not be for big men.
I don't know about the clothes, but judging from their website they get more hot women at their parties than Anderson and Sheppard do...
Quote: As for the shoes, I've learned from hard experience never to tell anyone who doesn't have a thing for shoes how much they cost. I'll tell people the maker, but not the price. If they're truly interested, they can figure it out. Most people have a real problem with shoes that cost more than Cole-Haan or Johnston and Murphy, so my usual answer to enquiries about what something cost is "Nunya damn business." That is, unless I happened to get a...
Quote: Quote: Do you have shirts with every kind of color, pattern, bias-cut, collar, cuff and stylistic detail, or do you wake up in the morning and say, "the hell with it... white shirt today."? There are so many patterns and possibilities, it can be difficult to choose.  I would, however, stay away from a number of the latest trends which Jantzen Tailor and some of the Italian shirtmakers make available. Latest Shirt...
it sounds like the suits you have are perfectly adequate for your summer job. a dog park friend works at the us atty's office in NOLA and i think he said he wore mainly khakis, dress shirt and a tie most of the time. if you MUST have a new suit, all the big stores will have a sale in the beginning of june, so your options will be wider. and the next time you visit rubenstein bros, walk around the corner to george bass (just keep away from the isaia box).
In the mid 90's Armani had a nehru phase - I actually bought one in linen and wore it a lot (I was in architecture school and we were encouraged to dress oddly). It was very unconstructed, and if unbottoned could be folded to look like a lapelled jacket. It still hangs in the back of the closet.
Quote: I knew they were fake, but how did you know exactly? The Prada shirts look like standard department store buttondowns (or did I miss a collection?).