or Connect

Posts by bhall41

Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman Start off simply - navy or charcoal suit, blue and white shirts, pin-dot or grenadine ties, plain linen pocket square, conservative socks and a pair of brown captoe balmoral shoes. Then, gradually feed in some more adventurous combinations - solid shirts in different colours or textures, mini-gingham checks, thin stripes. Get a bit more adventurous with your ties - some prints, some narrow stripes. Get some...
I have tried on the main line Zegna suits but didn't like the fit on me at all - way too big in the shoulders. I agree with other posters that in terms of RTW, Herringbone is an excellent option, particularly if you are of slim build. I have two Herringbone suits, and are happy with them, although as I am not quite as slim as PG, the fit correspondingly isn't quite as good. When I recently visited one of Herringbone's Melbourne stores I was similarly told that...
How about downstairs at The Point at Albert Park lake. Good for kids, as they can play outside.
Hi, I now live in Australia (where I hail from) but was, until recently, living and working in London for 2 years as a solicitor. A good place to get decent, reasonably priced business shirts is TM Lewin, who are located all over central London. Their shirts usually sell for about 25 quid. I like their slim fit shirts, with a cut away collar. One word of warning - I found there is a fair bit of collar shrinkage, so I suggest going 1 neck size larger than you...
I just got back from the Harrolds sale in Melbourne. Virtually all of the their stock is 50% off, which of course means it is still not particuarly well priced! I picked up a very nice DB Caruso suit for 70% off the marked price. The sale is on until 8 pm tomorrow (Thursday). It's supposed to be by invitation only but I am sure if you have purchased stock from them in the past somone will let you in.
Quote: Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley I don't entirely agree. If we persist in buying either the inferior stuff the majority of vendors here offer, or pay the ridiculous mark-ups for half-decent apparel, what kind of signal does that send to the local importers? It says that we are willing to pay top dollar for stuff that should cost half as much or less and that we are all content with looking like daggy colonials in our thongs and square-toed...
I also like many of their ties, although not so many of the ones which have just been released as part of the new season stock. I actually have a couple of their suits (navy and charcoal herringbone) which I purchased when I was living in London. The suits are fine as workhorse suits. They fit me pretty well. It's quite an English cut - 3 button with roped shoulders. The suit has a floating chest piece but is otherwise fused. I don't propose purchasing any of...
Just remember not everyone here is from the USA - as much as I admire the man he's NOT my President. Now please continue with the discussion . . .
I have to wear a suit for work and don't much like wearing a suit without a tie, so I kept the tie (madness I know). I also kept my jacket but only actually wore it for attending a tribunal hearing. Looks like next week won't be quite so scorching - fingers crossed!
Quote: Originally Posted by merkur A friend of mine was quoted $500 to take in a jacket and shorten the working sleeves. He too went to EA instead. I retrieved my jacket from Adriano yesterday, who shrugged his shoulders and said "good luck" when I said I had been quoted far less than $250. When I went to EA they said the charge for working button cuff holes would be $90, considerably higher than what they had quoted over the phone! On the...