or Connect

Posts by incastoutcast

Sounds like a nice suit - the classic would be a white shirt, and a grey/charcoal tie (or a tie with that as a background color) variations, depending on season, your complexion, time of wedding, etc... would be light blue shirt (best for a daytime wedding, when white is dangerously close to washing one out, and formality is generally less tight anyhow.) Pair the light blue shirt with really any good tie (something that picks up on your eyes, hair, or skin color is...
+1 on lee's advice. Absolutely, absolutely, absolutely buy it. (Or am I just revealing my desire for a linen jacket...) It can always hang out in the back of your closet, waiting for the first warm day next year...
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Opus or Zits. In my mind, all comics created after 1985 (incidentally, the year I was born) are divided into two groups: those influenced by Calvin and Hobbes and those that somehow missed it. Those that missed it usually end up being utterly moronic.
Is it just me or are the website pics of shirts even more misleading?
That's a toughie. Maybe slip him a copy of a good book on dress, with plenty of good pictures. Even something a tad more dressy, like Flusser's dressing the man could help, at least show him when clothes look well, and get him to start comparing himself to classic dressers. Also, perhaps a slower movement - from medium to large would be in order.
Seems to me Flusser's point could still be well taken, if it weren't blown all out of proportion, but it would be most true of pale, light-haired young men, who don't have a lot of color to begin with, for whom the rich color of a navy suit can be overpowering, but who, as they get older, change colors, usually tilting more red in skin tone, and white in hair, and are suddenly able to wear stronger colors without worry. That, at least, would be my interpretation. But I...
I've been thinking about this one for a little while now, and it's actually an oddly cohesive image. We start with the thought that Armani is indeed Thom Brownizing, at least in this one. It's as good an explanation as any, that's why. So he has to have the short jacket. But then he realizes, short jackets so easily make people look blocky, so he thinks, I have to lengthen the lines, especially to keep up the Armani elegance. Therefore: 1. Thin the shoulders and chest....
A piece of advice I never can live by (those are generally the most interesting/helpful) Always do your best to keep some space between things hanging in your closet - they will hang better and breathe more easily. I always find my closets too packed...
Awesome, so long as you can pull it off ...
I put my vote in for Clark's desert boots - they aren't as dressy as some more sleek alternatives, but I find this makes them more valuable for weekends and business casual. I have a pair in black suede that look gorgeous in evening light under gray tweed slacks. Wallis