or Connect

Posts by KenN

Quote: Originally Posted by JD_May Well what card would you recommend? 5850? Dual 5770s? A single 5800 series card trumps the CF 5700 configuration, aside from the obvious it is also better in terms of heat generation, heat dissipation, power consumption, noise generation. Cards in crossfire don't scale either, so don't think of it as +100% performance.
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek I would most definitely ask for a picture. Anyway, LS, I hear you, but I haven't found any women standoffish here. The thing I'm noticing is that every attractive girl I see has a ring on her finger. Women seem to get married YOUNG here. I've been told to try the online dating thing but I don't have the patience for it and don't have the time to waste on a string of fatties/ugly chicks that hide that fact through...
Quote: Originally Posted by radicaldog Ah, the G-class. One of my all-time favourite cars. And probably the only current Merc that I would be seen behind the wheel of. Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy Really? Have you ever driven one? They drive poorly. A G wagon rescued me in a snowstorm once, I've loved them ever since.
Any suggestions for a quiet analogue clock with a loud ringer? I have a retro looking one from ikea, but the bloody thing ticks loudly.
Quote: Originally Posted by tomgirl So this is what guys are like in Toronto? Some of us would probably ask for a picture as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by tomgirl I'm moving to Toronto in September, and I'm kind of a genius. Just kind of though, since I'm not stuck up at all. PM education, age and salary please.
University of Toronto, faculty of Applied Science and Engineering. University of Toronto, faculty of Medicine. Both places have super intelligent women, especially at the graduate level.
If you look up styleforum.net on Alexa and pull up the forum's traffic stats over the last two years, you will see a curious pageview drop followed by a huge surge in pageview around the August mark. This pattern is also reflected on the "Time on site" charts on Alexa. Was this forum down or suffering from network difficulties prior to August 6? This spike looks like a traffic hiccup and I don't think it is correlated to any fashionable events. edit:...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nosu3 What's your budget? Ideally I would like it to be sub-$250. But I will allow it to overrun into the $350 range for something magnificent. Size (and mass) is an issue though, I disliked my girlfriend's DSLR because it was too bulky.
I am also looking for a small point and shoot digital camera. I don't know much about cameras, but I want to get a digital camera that takes decent pictures, and more importantly, I want a camera that takes pictures fast. The camera I have now has a lag between me pushing the button and shutter going off (focus lag?). It also takes forever to boot up, and it takes a long time between shots. What is the metric used to determine the "speed" of a camera? I use my...