or Connect

Posts by KenN

Develop the habit of a hug, kiss or a handshake, that'll put you on level grounds with whoever you are talking to. But if the conversation is unexpected and you were caught off-guard then I personally don't think you are obliged to stand.
Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint Was it a Beef w-Bitter melon dish per chance? I prefer it with beef. Why people like it, is probably just for a change once in awhile; something to challenge the senses a little. An acquired taste for sure. I rather enjoy it. Yes it was a beef / bitter melon stir fry with douchi. And I think this is certainly an acquired taste, the flavor is very unexpected and intense. It reminds me of ginseng tea,...
Quote: Originally Posted by JD_May Update: Holy crap, is the entire front bezel all mesh?
I try to keep an open mind when it comes to tasting new foods, but I just had a bitter melon stir fry dish at a busy Chinese restaurant and I can't understand the appeal behind this dish. I tried my best to enjoy this curious veggie, I tried to eat it slowly, I tried to combine it with the stir fry ingredients... Why do people enjoy this dish so much? Is it a texture thing? Is it supposed to be a test of the chef's skill and creativity? Or is it just a bittersweet...
Why are we talking about artistic girls and intelligent girls like they are mutually exclusive?
This community is pretty trustworthy, the closest that I've come to a bad experience was when I found a small rip in the lining of a Brioni piece that I had purchased.
Thanks guys, I will definitely look into that. A culinary-related book will do me well on my upcoming mini-RTW food adventure.
Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy to an extent. it's really a hodgepodge. part memoir, part essay (nice one on why alice waters can piss you off so much even when you agree with her), part thrown-together odds and ends that he needed to get to 200 pages. he's a really smart guy and really talented, so it's just disappointing to see him phone it in like that. Kitchen Confidential was the first (and best) food related book that I've read. I...
Lots of ass threads on this subfora as of late
Why not just forfeit the stuff that you have over at her house?