or Connect

Posts by labravajazz

Yes, very nice. Details?
Ok thanks guys this has been a curve ball for me! Let's say then that the buyer has had the cobbler put nails in the shoe, do i then contact ebay to resolve' as Brian did re the OP frames?
Yes, good suggestion. Its not only whether he's worthem other than on carpet now as he has taken it a cobbler who has apparently put nails in. I guess I need to have written info from cobbler as to what actual fault he verifiedand what work he has done. I actually bought the CJ shoes at their Burlington Arcade store when I was living in London, but never actually wore the shoes aside from trying on at home. If I noticed any fault I would have returned them,even now. Not so...
OK, in the meantime, he took the "squeaking" shoes to a cobbler, who had told him he could remove the inner sole and nail the shank to stop it squeaking.He sent me this message "Shoes went in today, picked them up and still squeak, turns out the shank cannot be secured with nails, so he didn't charge. He doesn't want to take the shoes apart to try and fix as will need new soles and shank, which means doing both shoes soles so that they are the same.I'm pretty angry with...
Thanks for your thoughts on these! I first of all thought it must be a joke as I've never known there could be a fault like this - buyer seems to find it unbelievable that I didn't know they squeaked. I have 100% feedback power seller etc I wouldn't knowingly sell something with a fault, undisclosed. How could a brand new perfect pair of handgrade CJ shoes have a fault causing a squeak?! Thinking i might be best to offer a fullreturn and refund to avoid any problem, still...
What you guys do in this case? I sold a pair of CJ handgrade shoes BNIB with original CJ trees and bags . Only tried on by me in the house - sold for about half the retail price, to best offer. Buyer has just contacted me to say that one of the shoes SQUEAKS! He seems convinced that I sold them because they squeak, and that he will now have to pay to have them fixed by a cobbler, implying that I should pay for it..... Trust me there was never a squeak.... And the shoes...
Definitely EG - I had a pair myself but 1/2 size too big and sold them, the last 59 confirms it aside from knowing what they look like.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holland-Holland-London-brown-brogue-shoes-UK-9-/131161808230?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1e89da5d66 Good price for Edward Green
Has anyone ever had this happen on eBay? Bid on a pair of shoes fairly high end, from seller in UK quit bidding at £150 it went up to £175 or so. Next day i get a second chance offer at the highest bid i made. Ok he probably had a dummy bidder but I'm ok at the price his feedback is good etc so i pay. Shoes arrive but by the time i check them and find the soles are soft when he said they have plenty of wear left etc I find that the item is removed by eBay and If I try to...
Well, to clarify the prices were more in the area you mentioned, but I only meant to say there were good shoes for the lower prices just not in so much quantity though. Hard to generalise I think....