or Connect

Posts by amerikajinda

Went on a bit of a buying spree -- picked up some Whirlpool (WHR), Masco (MAS), IntercontinentalExchange (ICE), Fith Third Bancorp (FITB), EOG Resources (EOG) and Noble (NE).
up almost $2.5K since I bought OZM on Monday unrealized, of course, but since it pays a 13.59% dividend, I'm going to hold on for the ride.
Sold my Pioneer and CenturyLink... picked up some some OZM for just over $12/share -- was trading for over $15/share earlier in the year. Pays a fat dividend!
Here's the article:High-Frequency HyperboleBeware of critics who are 'talking their book' about trading that lowers costs.By CLIFFORD S. ASNESS And MICHAEL MENDELSONApril 1, 2014 7:23 p.m. ETA few nights ago, CBS's "60 Minutes" provided a forum for author Michael Lewis to announce that Wall Street is "rigged" and for the sponsors of a new trading venue called IEX to promise to unrig it. The focus of the TV segment was high-frequency trading, or HFT, an innovation now over...
That's pretty awesome! Very low expense ratios...
I see what you did there...
Anybody thrown some money at these guys? www.wealthfront.com I might test it out on a smaller scale just to see how they do... certainly cheaper than Merrill Lynch.
I don't have any thoughts on Tesla (except that I'd like to test drive a Model S) but this guy is bearish on the stock:http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/02/25/the-bear-case-for-tesla
wow - Tesla's at $254 now!Nope - my VRTX (Vertex) is only up 1.5% today.
Scratch that -- markets are having a big day today so here are the revised numbers:CTL down 3.25%PXD up 9.56% (up 4.23% today!)SLW up 21.00%