or Connect

Posts by amerikajinda

Not quite as lucky this time... Fml
Selling all my INTC. Buying a shitload of IFV. IFV for the win, baby!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe you should pick up one of the many motivational posters you undoubtedly came across as you're obviously not trying hard enough!
I also found 7 Hermes neckties, so... same dead guy?I remember when this store was a Yesterday's Rose or something... remember that?
Thank you! I'm going to get a written appraisal by a reputable art dealer, because I still have doubts as to authenticity. What if it's a forgery in a nice frame?Then this weekend I'm going back to the store to see if there's anything else that catches my eye.According to the online comments, people have good luck at this store:http://www.yelp.com/biz/goodwill-fairfax-2
Whatever you do, don't tell her it's a $100,000 lithograph!
I wish I had found it years ago when it sold for $154,000! "Mr. Hockney's 1985 ''Hotel Acatlan: Two Weeks Later'' brought $110,000 at Christie's and $104,500 at Sotheby's this month; in November, this print was sold for $154,000 at Sotheby's."http://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/25/arts/auctions.html
Northern Virginia!That would be quite an honor considering this thread is 8,900 pages of amazing finds. But soon somebody is going to find a long-lost Pressenda or a del Gesu or an Amati or a Maggini or a Bergonzi that will put this Hockney to shame. (Will trade this Hockney for any violin or cello by any of the aforementioned makers - subject to authenticity by third-party.)Well, for now -- I'll hold onto it... thanks everybody for sharing your knowledge -- I constantly...
haha! It barely fit in the back seat of my car and I have an Avalon and I had to fold down the passenger seat with one end hanging out the window...but if it's going to appreciate in value I might just hold on to it for investment purposes because it will be worth more when Mr. Hockney passes away? He's 77, according to Wikipedia. And British!But I will put some Hermes ties on eBay soon...
So this is like the art world equivalent of a Vicuña overcoat?I noticed a raised mark by the sig - does this signify anything?