or Connect

Posts by amerikajinda

Saw this on my Twitter feed and lol'd: "Newbies: the direction stocks are moving is called 'down'"
I'm taking a gamble on Emerging Markets and large-cap Foreign stocks... SoftBank, MGM China, Baidu, Ryanair, Taiwan Semiconductor, Murata, etc.
Sold the rest of my position in Gamestop ($GME) - that's been a real dog. Sold at a loss... FML Picked up some Celgene ($CELG). Having better luck with the biotechs these days.
I prefer to hedge with hedged mutual funds - I let the pros do the hedging for me. My general rule of thumb is that hedging strategies should account for between 5% - 10% of your total portfolio. This article mentions both MALOX and IVAEX - I've gotten nice results with my over 3,000 shares in these two hedged mutual funds so I recommend both (past performance is not indicative of future...
Congrats! Keep going!
Yup - my biotechs were up nicely today...Only BIIB was down.
They do have a proven track record of upping their dividend on a regular basis...
Anybody have any experience with Manchester Capital Management? Thanks http://www.mcmllc.com
35% banks! That got me thinking about my own individual stock asset allocation (unfortunately I have less than half of the financials that you have at only 15.89%):Technology - 6.68% (CTL)Industrial Goods - 11.17% (ETN, FLR, GD)Services - 14.26% (DLTR, GME, AMZN, AN, ORLY)Financial - 15.89% (COF, HBAN, WFC, C)Healthcare - 16.87% (BIIB, LLY, GILD, VRTX, REGN)Basic Materials - 35.13% (XOM, HES, VLO, MT, PXD, SLW)but then when you factor in my mutual funds and etfs and other...
Nice. I'm only up 0.7% ytd.