or Connect

Posts by klewless

Klewless title 76/50 - The Fourth Secret by Andrea Camilleri I have read all of the Montalbano series to date, and have always enjoyed Camilleri's stylistic prose....or so I thought. This tale is more of a short story, and I had not noticed until a few pages in, that it is actually translated by a different individual than the previous 16 books. What a difference. The characters have a very different voice, and while I had never considered how much difference a...
Klewless Title 68/50 – 2nd Deadly Sin by Asa Larsson I have been a fan of this series, but for some reason, this title took me a couple of tries to get interested. In a nutshell, a county prosecutor becomes an adjunct to the regional police force in helping to solve crimes in rural Sweden. The cast of characters on the police force is where these books provide some real entertainment. There is in depth character development throughout the series, and the books are...
Klewless title 64/50 by Day of Atonement by David Liss Any new book by David Liss is a treat. Liss writes historical fiction, mostly set in 17th and 18th century Europe. Those familiar with his previous work will recognize a few of his recurring characters popping up in this book, but there is no requirement to read his other work in order to enjoy this title. The story centers on a young man whose parents ship him out of Portugal to avoid church inquisitors who have...
Busy time at work again, so here are 8 titles since my last update: Klewless Title 56/50 - The 6th Extinction – James Rollins This is a rip-roaring adventure in the Sigma force series. In this tale, science mixes with fantasy when a prehistoric “extinction event” agent is rediscovered lurking deep within our planet. Government agents fight with shadowy mercenaries in a winner take all contest to control the destiny of mankind. This was a very fast, highly...
Bump ttt
Klewless title 53/50 The Forsaken by Ace Atkins A new Quinn Colson book is a treat to look forward to. Atkins has an authentic southern voice to his storytelling, and Colson is a great character to read. A war hero returned to his small town, he has taken over the job as sheriff from his deceased uncle. This book recycles all the characters previously introduced in the series, and moves the history along nicely. Atkins seems to have so many different stories that he...
I received this as a gift, and it has literally never been worn outside. After wearing around the house, I decided that I like my current jacket just fine. Condition is new without tags. This is a men's size medium black Patagonia ADZE softshell jacket. Fall is coming.....this is sure to be on your back to school wish list, or the perfect time to start your holiday shopping. An easy way to save a quick $50 off what you would otherwise pay at Moosejaw or Amazon! Looking...
Thanks all, if it had not been for this new job, it would have been much earlier in the year!!
Klewless title 44/50 A Fatal Enquiry by Will Thomas This is the latest title in the Cyrus Barker series. Barker is a “man of the world” private enquiry agent in olden day London. He traverses the city seeking to solve mysteries presented to him by various parties who engage his services. In this latest tale, his sidekick spends the entire book attempting to evade Scotland Yard while trying to clear Barker’s name when he is banged up for a crime that he did not commit....
This is a Seiko SKX031 midsize diver that has been modded with an Tudor Black Bay snowflake style dial and hand set. If you are looking at this, then you are aware that the SKX 031 is a 40mm case (without crown), and perfect for those of us who don't feel comfortable pulling off the 42mm+ size watches. The base watch is in great condition, please see photos as they are part of the description. Watch is keeping great time, and bi-directional bezel operates smoothly. This...