or Connect

Posts by klewless

Bump ttt
Klewless title 53/50 The Forsaken by Ace Atkins A new Quinn Colson book is a treat to look forward to. Atkins has an authentic southern voice to his storytelling, and Colson is a great character to read. A war hero returned to his small town, he has taken over the job as sheriff from his deceased uncle. This book recycles all the characters previously introduced in the series, and moves the history along nicely. Atkins seems to have so many different stories that he...
I received this as a gift, and it has literally never been worn outside. After wearing around the house, I decided that I like my current jacket just fine. Condition is new without tags. This is a men's size medium black Patagonia ADZE softshell jacket. Fall is coming.....this is sure to be on your back to school wish list, or the perfect time to start your holiday shopping. An easy way to save a quick $50 off what you would otherwise pay at Moosejaw or Amazon! Looking...
Thanks all, if it had not been for this new job, it would have been much earlier in the year!!
Klewless title 44/50 A Fatal Enquiry by Will Thomas This is the latest title in the Cyrus Barker series. Barker is a “man of the world” private enquiry agent in olden day London. He traverses the city seeking to solve mysteries presented to him by various parties who engage his services. In this latest tale, his sidekick spends the entire book attempting to evade Scotland Yard while trying to clear Barker’s name when he is banged up for a crime that he did not commit....
This is a Seiko SKX031 midsize diver that has been modded with an Tudor Black Bay snowflake style dial and hand set. If you are looking at this, then you are aware that the SKX 031 is a 40mm case (without crown), and perfect for those of us who don't feel comfortable pulling off the 42mm+ size watches. The base watch is in great condition, please see photos as they are part of the description. Watch is keeping great time, and bi-directional bezel operates smoothly. This...
This is a Seiko SKX031 midsize diver that has been modded with an Tudor Black Bay snowflake style dial and hand set. If you are looking at this, then you are aware that the SKX 031 is a 40mm case (without crown), and perfect for those of us who don't feel comfortable pulling off the 42mm+ size watches. The base watch is in great condition, please see photos as they are part of the description. Watch is keeping great time, and bi-directional bezel operates smoothly. This...
Klewless title 39/50 - Dust by Hugh Howey The final installment of the Dust trilogy. Not the best editing for the series, but a sold storytelling of post apocalyptic futurism. Not sad to see the story end, but worth the read. Klewless title 40/50 - The Red Room by Ridley Pearson Wow. Not one of Pearson's better tales, or anywhere near one. I can honestly say I have not been this confused by a book in a long time. What a steaming pile. This disaster of a work...
Klewless title 36/50: The Lincoln Myth by Steve Berry The next installment in the Cotton Malone series. These are not bad for lightweight action/suspense. Globetrotting action, not the best in the series but not the worst either. Klewless title 37/50: Ghost Ship by Clive Cussler I wish I knew why I still read these...The only thing I can come up with is the previous investment of time. Cussler is obviously writing the outline, and handing off the rest of the...
Yes...and they have become more simplistic as the series has progressed. My thinking on this situation is that as she gains readers, there is increased pressure from the publisher to churn the books out. Like most best selling authors, that puts her on the 1 book a year requirement, at which point most writers no longer have the ability to actually produce with the same depth that made them popular in the first place.