or Connect

Posts by klewless

This is a Seiko SKX031 midsize diver that has been modded with an Tudor Black Bay snowflake style dial and hand set. If you are looking at this, then you are aware that the SKX 031 is a 40mm case (without crown), and perfect for those of us who don't feel comfortable pulling off the 42mm+ size watches. The base watch is in great condition, please see photos as they are part of the description. Watch is keeping great time, and bi-directional bezel operates smoothly. This...
This is a Seiko SKX031 midsize diver that has been modded with an Tudor Black Bay snowflake style dial and hand set. If you are looking at this, then you are aware that the SKX 031 is a 40mm case (without crown), and perfect for those of us who don't feel comfortable pulling off the 42mm+ size watches. The base watch is in great condition, please see photos as they are part of the description. Watch is keeping great time, and bi-directional bezel operates smoothly. This...
Klewless title 39/50 - Dust by Hugh Howey The final installment of the Dust trilogy. Not the best editing for the series, but a sold storytelling of post apocalyptic futurism. Not sad to see the story end, but worth the read. Klewless title 40/50 - The Red Room by Ridley Pearson Wow. Not one of Pearson's better tales, or anywhere near one. I can honestly say I have not been this confused by a book in a long time. What a steaming pile. This disaster of a work...
Klewless title 36/50: The Lincoln Myth by Steve Berry The next installment in the Cotton Malone series. These are not bad for lightweight action/suspense. Globetrotting action, not the best in the series but not the worst either. Klewless title 37/50: Ghost Ship by Clive Cussler I wish I knew why I still read these...The only thing I can come up with is the previous investment of time. Cussler is obviously writing the outline, and handing off the rest of the...
Yes...and they have become more simplistic as the series has progressed. My thinking on this situation is that as she gains readers, there is increased pressure from the publisher to churn the books out. Like most best selling authors, that puts her on the 1 book a year requirement, at which point most writers no longer have the ability to actually produce with the same depth that made them popular in the first place.
Klewless title 34/50: Field of Prey by John Sandford The Lucas Davenport series is now up to 24...There was a lull in the books numbering in the late teens, but Sandford is back with a vengeance. These are fantastic police procedurals, and it is a treat for the reader experiencing the characters from his other series (Virgil Flowers) visit the Prey storyline. This series does NOT have to be read in order. Sandford is a master of the genre, worth reading. Klewless...
Please email or PM if you are available for an in person kop. Thanks!
Been busier then ever at work, so I have fallen a bit behind on updating my reviews, as well as being online in general...here are the most recent: 29/50 The Intern's Handbook by Shane Kuhn This was a very entertaining easy read....Presented as a "how to" guide, the book provides a fictional account of a company providing assassination services. Posing as interns, homeless young people are recruited into the corporate workplace and contracts are completed. A unique...
Klewless title 25/50: Shift Omnibus by Hugh Howey I don't usually read science fiction. For some reason I picked up Howey's Wool last year, and was immediately captivated. This self-published title provides a glimpse into a post-apocalyptic future, and how an insulated society is forced to survive. This title, Shift, is the second in the "Silo" trilogy. It picks up where Wool leaves off, and is billed as a prequel. I highly recommend reading them in order. A...
Very cool find for F1 fans. This is an unworn, new with tag Orange Arrows wind jacket. Size is a men's large, and this jacket is unlined, so very lightweight. Very high quality jacket. Never worn, new with tag. Characteristics of this jacket include full front zipper with velcro closure wind flap. The zipper has an easy grab pull with the Arrow logo as seen in photo. There is a zip shut pocket on the upper outside sleeve, as well as hand warmer pockets on lower front. The...