or Connect

Posts by srivats

Can you please tell us where you got these from?
Very nicely done, NOBD. That jacket looks great on you.
MrSkelter, thanks for doing this for MOTO fans. Please add to me the list I am interested in these models:captoe blucherslong chukka boots, but in the oiled velours leather:
Look at Carmina.
Dark brown ... good all through the year, and can be worn with pretty much any outfit.
Uncle, the shell indeed comes from Horween and it is great quality. However, the final finishing that C&J (who makes these shoes for RL) does is not as good as Alden's finish. I don't have the shoes anymore (due to fit issues), but I remember having to apply venetian cream every 6-7 wearings or so to get and maintain that deep, classic shell cordovan shine. The shells somehow appear too dry without this treatment, and your method (that works so well for Alden and AE shell)...
The RL shells need occasional application of venetian cream to keep them smooth and shining nicely. Brushing alone doesn't cut it
NOBD, how are you liking the flex-welt chukkas? Fit good?
Thank you.I ask that myself, but ah well. I had too many pairs and had to get rid of a few. Look up the old B&S and search for "purge" with my username to see my sale threads.Bal boots are hard to fit, but the most probable reason is that alden does not have the patterns and is not willing to create any.
My old captoes on aberdeen in whiskey shell -- I don't have them anymore (sold to an alden aficianado on SF). Probably the best shell pair I had.FYI, alden does not make balmorals on the modified last. Bluchers only.