or Connect

Posts by dclloyd

I think all of your adjustments make sense, except not sure if you need extra length? It appears that the overall is good ... but I suppose better a bit too long versus too short. You might want to consider slightly more on the left wrist if you wear anything other than the slimmest of watches. In terms of your last questions; 1) Really a preference. Some people argue that on a properly fitted shirt there really shouldn't be much gaping so therefore no need for...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2fingers Just as I was about to take out my credit card, my wife says - "Oh great so you can get another TWO shirts you won't wear!". Confound that voice of reason! I get that occasionally too ... all I need to do is point to her 'shoe closet' and the conversation seems to abruptly end ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Chouse Looks like a slightly upgraded version of the tailorstore.com shirt designer but with fewer options. The introductory offer is very attractive, though. Yes but note that they get to choose the 2nd shirt for you ... so you could end up with one of the cotton/poly blends.
Very nice website ... better than tailorstore.com which I've always found to be better than most. Unfortunatly with only 17 fabrics to choose from I'm not sure I'd order from them. Maybe a couple of basic ones just to check them out. Certainly one to bookmark. EDIT - Tried to order a shirt, and no matter which fabric choice you make it doesn't 'take'. I've got 7 shirts with "Clean Break" fabric in my cart.
Quote: Originally Posted by valuesourcer Hi Ludeykrus, I am now under strict diet cos my partner's too body conscious... anyway I am enjoying low calorie, nutritious meals. Here are some tips: Cereal (sultana bran) + soya milk - breakfast Fruit for snack Salad Sandwich with some ham - tomato, cucumber, sprouts/spinach (fresh raw leaves), some shreds of capsicum, onion - LOVELY Steamed veggies for dinner and your choice of steamed meat (lamb,...
Quote: Originally Posted by avocade I ordered a white shirt and 16 fabrics this Friday, and am pretty excited to see what they came up with. I'm willing to take a chance on these guys, since the thought of being able to quickly order a fitting suit/shirt/coat to anywhere in the world in 5 mins (after measurements are verified) on the net is _really_ enticing for a modern nomad like myself. Anyone care to give their opinions on their purchase now one...
Great post! I've tried both Jantzen and Tailorstore with decent results. My personal favourite is mytailor.com - you might want to give them a try for comparison's sake.
Quote: Originally Posted by CarbonatedTsoda I think for European sizes the C means its short, not sure how that translates here though. Judging from the measurements I'd say it's a 38R: 30.5" length and 25" sleeves are too long for a short. Great looking jacket!
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG This is a good point; I should have mentioned it. The buttons are very obviously plastic. I should also note that the coat is, as others have noted earlier in the thread, half canvassed. The eBay listing says it's full, but that's not the case. I had my tailor put on a nice set of Black Horn buttons and it made a huge difference. I know this is a little like those guys that pimp out a Honda Civic, but for $25...
Quote: Originally Posted by Reckoner It says 1.5K there ... did you really spend that much? I thought you were after 300-400 range? The "Buy it Now" price is $325 ... and he'll cut you a deal if you contact him directly.