or Connect

Posts by chrysalid

Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 Here's the situation in my opinion: Israel's original air campaign, as some analysts have claimed, was based on the US/NATO air bombardment on Kosovo and Serbia that led to Milosivic's capitulation. While the two situations had fairly close parallels on the surface, after careful analysis, their thinking seems flawed, as there is neither a clear leader, nor is there much separation between civilians and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim NEW Darren Aronofsky film with Hugh Jackman and Rachel Wiesz Looks amazing. i am certain that this film will be unbelievably good...but something about the trailer reminded me of highlander...
Quote: Originally Posted by tiger02 No one has mentioned yet that it's in the rest of the ME's best interest to prevent peace between Israel and Palestine, having nothing to do with wiping Israel off the map. I brought this up before, but will add a question this time. Are we witnessing the success/failure of the first large scale use of the Powell Doctrine? Tom why would the rest of the area want to prevent peace between israel...
i found bbc newsnight's media coverage of the situation informative and and quite balanced. a senior israeli forign ministry official is interviewed before the syrian ambassador to the uk. give it a watch, it's on the first 15/20mins of the program: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ht/default.stm as a side note, apparently completely opposite to cnn coverage, there seems to be a slight anti israeli bias in mainstrem uk media, including the bbc. it is slight...
hardly race movies, but well loved nonetheless
Quote: Originally Posted by Nantucket Red The 16 cylinder Auto Union in the latest topgear mag there's a piece about a company that makes exact replica's of these, generally for their ancestor company audi. i'd never heard of them, beautiful tho'.
Quote: Originally Posted by tommib How about a Bengal cat? They're pretty damned cool. They behave a little bit more like a dog i.e. enjoying lots of attention, family life etc. posh cats get stolen and of course there is the risk that they might even get stole-en
Quote: Originally Posted by Zobeid Take another look at the topic that started this thread. . . It's not asking for the fastest car. It's not asking for the most expensive or most exotic. It's not asking for the funkiest or most flamboyant. And it's not asking for the most sophisticated or most elegant. I've seen a lot of great cars that excelled in those categories -- it's an automotive carnival out there, and I love it. I love looking at all the...
my commiserations. (if i were religous i'd say 'Absolve Domine animas omnium fidelium defunctorum ab omno vinculo delictorum et gratia tua illis succurente mereantur evadere iudicium ultionis, et lucis æterne beatitudine perfrui.' - Forgive, O Lord, the souls of all the faithful departed from all the chains of their sins and may they deserve to avoid the judgment of revenge by your fostering grace, and enjoy the everlasting blessedness of light)
climb dance - unbelievable, ari vatanen howling up pikes peak in a peugeot 405 T16, i guess like a group b rally car only with bigger balls. the bit when the sun hits through the windscreen and he calmly takes his hand off the 'wheel to shade his eyes makes my nuts go tight. - http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2674471?htv=12