or Connect

Posts by chrysalid

deadly force is only vaguely justifiable if there is an immediate threat of serious physical harm. a couple of you lot will be pushing brick walls onto adultresses next.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara The modern world would not exist in its current form (nowhere near it, actually) if it wasn't for nationalism and the assertive few who had the balls to stand up for their liberties. A simple truth. Did you copy and paste the above off the BNP website?
Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang Of Wong Kar Wai, 2046 may be the least unaccessible. His earlier works such as Chungking Express and Ashes of Time may appeal to you more. Of Zhang Yimou, you need to see his earlier work such as To Live. If you think that way about Hero, I'd hate to hear what you think about the narrative structure of Rashomon. You're right, I crtitcised the narrative of Hero without really thinking. I need to...
Quote: Originally Posted by matadorpoeta gaspar noe is my favorite of the bunch. i'm hoping that he doesn't make it in hollywood (so he can continue to make good movies). I have only seen Irreversible and thought it was pretentious self-important shite. The 'time destroys all things' premise of the film reeked of angsty teenage poetry. I only mentioned him because of the obviously challenging nature of a couple of scenes in the film, and it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang 'With regards to'. One day China will sweep the Oscars. Zhang Yimou and Wong Kar-Wai are breaking into the US market. I thought Hero had all the narrative quality of such Hollywood fare as The Mummy or Sahara and 2046 was merely vacuous emo melodrama - both films would have been absolutely dire were it not for Christopher Doyle's exquisite cinematography. In The Mood For Love was a cut above the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Saucemaster I was actually just thinking about that yesterday after seeing Children of Men. Mexico is quietly becoming a powerhouse, at least w/r/t directors. Cuarón did an incredible job with Children of Men. what does w/r/t stand for? (I'm sure I'm just being thick) I've been viewing it as a Latin American surge of talent, including Meirelles and Gaspar Noe.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang Am I the only one that has seen The Fountain? You mean the prospect of a third film from the director of Pi and Requiem for a Dream did not sufficiently compel you to go to the theater immediately? I have seen it twice and even tried to see it a third time. It's not out in Britain yet, I've got to wait three more bastard weeks. In no particular order - United 93, Pan's Labyrinth, Children of Men. ...
Had these for a couple of years now and fancy another pair (as I have no imagination whatsoever). I have no idea what they're called and whether they're still being made. Any help would be appreciated:
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim I frequently try to tempt hookers into my carriage with the prospect of fresh grapes, alas, they don't have the same allure as in Jack The Ripper's day. are you referring to your testicles?
As a side note, film appreciators should, in my humble opinion, listen to Mark Kermode on BBC Radio 5 Live - http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/entert.../kermode.shtml - (the bit to the right of the screen that says Mark's lates reviews.)