or Connect

Posts by Berticus

I've been enjoying this: Female vocalists. The only track I don't like is Katie Perry's White Christmas. She tries to put a jazzy spin on the song, but it just doesn't work. Some of these aren't too bad, IMO: It's alternative rock, not as good as the female vocalists, but I like it.
Quote: Originally Posted by jhon01 Hi Naturally walking on my tip-toes since I first started...idea why I do this? I don't have any health problems but could this cause any? I think are the most important health tips to ensure the overall healthy development Thanks! Is this guy just a bot advertising an online pharmacy? In any event, some would argue walking tip-toes is a more natural way to walk. Although I'm not sure how much you're on...
Quote: Originally Posted by ZackyBoy Crossfit is glorified GPP lacking progressive increases. But for a strictly health oriented program it's not bad. If you can't do it as RX'd, you're supposed to scale down in reps and/or weights, and there are a lot of places to look on schemes on how to scale down. If you can scale up, you can do that too, although you have to gauge it yourself like what Rob Orlando does. Otherwise the philosophy is you...
Quote: Originally Posted by db_ggmm No thread nazi, but we had a good egg thread 3-4 months ago imo imo. That's pretty good considering most health and body forums get the same exact topic every week, and it's the same exact answer every week. Quote: Originally Posted by hooya2 I've been eating egg whites only You're cheating yourself. If I ate egg whites only, I'd have to eat at least 2 dozen eggs, and then add...
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick Well tight as in flexing/squeezing the shoulder blades together, that is recommended in the Tate method. That's "Rippetoe's" method too. I'm pretty sure Rippetoe, Tate, Simmons, and all the big coaches would say retract scapula.
I'm stuffing down a dozen eggs a day. No problems here. Plenty of other people do that or even more, and their blood work still comes back better than anyone else's blood work.
They don't ban chalk on everything. Anything with a barbell or rings, chalk is good. But there are certain pull-ups listed in that list I posted where chalk shouldn't be used, and some where it isn't necessary. BTW, I do use chalk on my deadlifts, cleans, and snatches.
Quote: Originally Posted by hendrix this is wrong. your hand rips more often when it's sweaty and wet. since i've started using chalk my hands never rip. a wider bar might help relieve some of the pressure on your fingers. I get really sweaty hands, and my hands don't rip on pull-ups. A lot of coaches have tried experimenting with chalk. From what I gather, they used to advocate chalking up when doing pull-ups, but they realized...
I personally hate using gloves. They're for gardening. I tossed them a year or so ago and never looked back. I'd say get a wider bar would help. Chalk is eh. It dries out your hand (as it should), which makes it prone to ripping, which means you have to rest up to heal up. As for chin-ups vs pull-ups, don't discriminate. Do everything. False grip, mix grip, chin-up, pull-up, gymnastic kipping pull-ups, bulgarian pull-ups, ring pull-ups, bulgarian ring pull-ups, L-sit...
If you really want to try a straight razor shave, I'd suggest going at it yourself. Like I said before, not all barbers who "specialize" in it are really that great, particularly in the US. The US has certain laws which prevent anyone from getting that true straight razor shave unless they do it themselves. The Jack the Ripper sort of experience is something I've gone through on my first shave. That's what happens when someone inexperienced with straight razor shaving...