or Connect

Posts by Martinis at 8

Yeppers. Agreed. But if you haven't read the books, Penguin Classics has republished all of them. Great airplane reading. I think the two Dalton movies were closer to the literary Bond. Word is that the new movie will be closer to the original Fleming work than any of the other movies. I think Fleming's writing style was good, but I slightly prefer Graham Greene. M8
Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 I don't care if they do gay cowboys, gay presidents, gay astronauts, or gay marines. What I do want is to keep one of the last icons of independent, heterosexual, MASCULINE, and STYLISH men intact. Bond is one of the few remaining snappy dressers in pop culture who hasn't gone metro. And I'd like to keep it that way. I agree. I am a Bond fan. In fact I have even been accused, right here on Style Forum (or...
Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 ...A gay bond would be the end, as far I'm concerned, of the franchise... It sure would. But then it would also get a politically correct academy award nomination, whether the movie was good or not. M8
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy I've decided that I'm just going to ignore your posts except for moderation purposes from now on. You're really not worth my attention. Uh, okay. Caught you not ignoring, eh? At least I never call anybody any names. Cheers, M8
Quote: Originally Posted by GreyFlannelMan ...You seem to know about many different subjects... We have to be careful these days. There's a lot of Google and Wikepedia scholars out there. M8
Here's another "pompous ass" comment, just for you LA Guy. "The single parent and the new prospective mate will discuss the issue of the child as if it were an inanimate object." Cheers, PA
Tom, KL is way cool. Not as wild as Bangkok, and not as tame as Singapore. Just the right mix of both. M8
You had a ball, they had a bat
Quote: Originally Posted by j Uh... no. A parent could give a half-ass relationship with a lowlife "real" parent. This would be the worst. The best gift a parent could give is a clean break with said real parent. I'll just leave it at that. I would ditch the lowlife real parent too, but just not hook up again. Choose wisely the first time, and if one chooses wrong, then don't choose again. M8
Quote: Originally Posted by Roy Clive Owen was great in Gosford Park though. Beyond Borders too, with Angelina Jolie. M8