or Connect

Posts by Manny Calavera

I have two brand new Loopwheeler t-shirts. Not Nike or one of the other printed varieties. Perfect. Very simple, very rare (have not seen any here, on Superfuture, eBay, Yahoo Japan Auctions, etc). One SOLD, one navy, size medium. Price ($80) includes one t-shirt shipped anywhere within the continental US. I've had these for awhile, just sitting around and therefore the sizing may be a little different from recent seasons... included measurements. If you have any questions...
Only games I absolutely know I'm buying for the rest of the year are Fez, FIFA 12 and the Team ICO remasters (managed to grab a copy of the purdy Japanese set). Dota 2 will be free-to-play and I'll play that. Everything else is unoriginal or unnecessary. Blah. Edit: Oh, and whatever Carcassonne for iDevice expansion they manage to get out this year. Fuck yeah!
Quote: Originally Posted by Brian SD MvC3 is beautiful IMO. The art in MvC2 was largely atrocious, just a mish-mash of old recycled sprites, with some characters even downgraded from their original incarnations (like Sentinel). Best design in MvC2 is Jin, and he's an MvC character, not from 2. I didn't play the first enough to notice the laziness, but I might give Marvel vs Capcom 3 another chance once Super arrives. It's one of those games,...
Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX - Before the console had other games I actually wanted to play on it, like Rez HD, Braid and Limbo, I paid $300 for a 360 just to play the $10 original. A perfect gameplay system and the ultimate love letter created by Iwatani, Pac-Man's creator. The sequel piled unnecessary shit on top of it, divided the high score community and busted the FPS. post-We Love Katamari Katamari - Another example of Namco milking aesthetic perfection and...
Got home late last night and hopped on PS3 to get my free crap from the store. What a farce. Every single game they're giving away is an advertisement for a soon-to-be-released sequel (aside from LBP, which has a new, shiny sequel), and the PS+ "deals" are generally for outdated junk or just junk. I have the two great games they're offering up, LBP and Wipeout HD (Super Stardust HD just seems redundant to me as I have and have played other, better dual-stick shooters), the...
Yeah, I ended up wrangling someone to buy it with me last night. Got to run through the tutorial and played a couple of bot skirmishes. I can't wait to get my ass thoroughly beat by Humans later today. Brilliant game, by the way. I've been following it for about a year (or since its first IGF showing), and you don't really "get" the game until you play it. Way more exciting than it looks.
Still looking for someone to go in on a Frozen Synapse two-pack on Steam with me. Ten bucks for maybe the best multiplayer strategy game ever.
Apparently I have played WoW for almost 2,200 hours. Fuck me. Is LA Noire completely open world? It looks kind of linear, and I don't necessarily trust Team Bondi, so I'm waiting for a review or two. Was a Guardian review up but it got yanked before I had a chance to read. Also: if anyone wants to go in on a copy of Frozen Synapse with me, send me a PM.
Yesterday the sweethearts at Apple replaced my F09 iMac with the new, higher-end quad-core, so I decided to finally go ahead and dual-boot. I'm wondering, what's the best ver of Windows 7 with which to do absolutely nothing but play games with?
Is there a forum, or some blogs or maybe even some particular shops someone could point me to for women's clothing in the vein of the SW&D sub-forum: simply, untrendy heirloom quality shit? I'm absolutely clueless...