or Connect

Posts by aizan

Quote: Originally Posted by van_hammersly yeah but when you have a 34" chest you dont want the pit to pit measurement of a shirt to be 34 cause that's literally skin tight. I find 35"-36" works good. both of my boo shirts are 17.5'' ptp if you measure from the outer edge of the seam. 17'' if you measure from the inside.
Quote: Originally Posted by kelvinsense Jump The Gun: their trousers are really slim, slimmest thighs i've had for a 28. Their shirting is also very, very slim and slimmer than Band. (There are 100% cotton solid button-downs coming at teh end of the year) must add that the shirts are cut for those with a muscular chest and shoulders, and narrow hips and collar.
Quote: Originally Posted by tonio028 XXS? For reals? Sounds like you should be shopping in the kid/youth section. What other clothing do you wear and what sizes? What are you're stats. lol. i have a bunch of kids clothes that don't really fit. the shirts are usually too short if they fit my chest. i'm 5'8'', fluctuate between 120-125lbs, chest 34, collar 14, center-back sleeve is 30'', waist is 28, inseam is 30, shoes are 7c. as far "real"...
Quote: Originally Posted by milosz Yep, I don't know what Cartier-Bresson would have done without image stabilization, in-camera metering, high shutter speeds and fast film/high ISO digital. Wait, you mean the absolute max on an early Leica was 1/500? Film speeds were under 100? Clearly no pictures of value could be taken under such conditions. he made photos with the most advanced technology of his time. what's your point? that he...
Quote: Originally Posted by tonio028 He offers extra smalls my friends. He did on both previous collabs with SF and I beleive he plans on offering them on his new shirts as well. Make your little frames and loud voices be heard and fear not. If he can get the sales I have no doubt he'll provide the units. epaulet's xs is chest 18", sleeves 34", collar 15". wish they made xxs: chest 17", sleeves 30-31", collar 14".
Quote: Originally Posted by joshdd Anyone wear BoO trousers? I was hoping the cut would be a little higher to accommodate for the high hem line on their shirts, but no one in Chicago carries them so I can check it out. I think it'd be worth the investment to get a pair if that was the case. i tried on a pair of their grey shorts from last season. they were cut higher to match their shirts.
Quote: Originally Posted by milosz Constant motion? If you're strapped into a gyroscope with a camera, yes, I suppose you'll need very fast shutter speeds. Not sure what's candid about that, though. it's all about the decisive moment. sound familiar? can't be a slug or you'll miss it. if you scale focus and track your subject's motion by walking at their pace, you really think 1/focal length is going to cut it? or if something happens suddenly...
Quote: Originally Posted by milosz 1/500 is nonsense - in an APS-C (ala the X1) SLR, you can handhold with good sharp images down to the reciprocal of the focal length. I am worse with camera shake than many, so I usually try to stay one stop above that if sharpness is key. If you're working with a compact or rangefinder (no moving mirror mechanism), you can get away with even lower speeds, by a stop or so. Image Stabilization will get you, at...
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam24 I gotta agree with BB1 here. I kept reading about BoO shirts being the perfect length to wear untucked but now that I own some, I still find them too long in the front/back, forcing me to wear them tucked in. Body proportions and personal preference about the length of a shirt are huge factors of course. "Not only is the cut more flattering, it also lends the silhouette a nerdy uprightness. As such, Mr....
Quote: Originally Posted by kelvinsense jtg sta-prest trousers have the slimmest waist/ hips i've experienced so far i tried those a while ago. everyone recommended getting one size up, so i got a 30 instead of 28, but they were too big in the waist and hips. i decided not to exchange them for a 28 because of the fabric and the style of pockets, but who knows, maybe they would have fit.