or Connect

Posts by aizan

ftfy.seeing all of these typefaces makes me wonder: what the hell happened to andy crewdson?
mark mcnairy is making lots of shoes that would match black cords. black, navy, or burgundy loafers grey or navy bucks white/burgundy saddle shoes as for jackets, any heavier, textured fabric in saturated and cool tones will work. navy blazer (in a medium-dark shade, with silver buttons, not gold) crimson or pine green corduroy blue-grey glen plaid flannel flecked taupe or charcoal tweed might not match the rest of your wardrobe, though. if it's too much trouble, i'd...
a gentleman doesn't use digital, unless it's a leica s2, m9, or alpa with a phase one iq180. anyhow, entry level dslrs are old hat, and advanced amateur dslrs are next. if you're starting from scratch, look at micro 4/3 (the most lenses) or sony nex (sony is essentially today's contax).
there must be a way to shield the important bits from air and dirty hands...mechanical engineer anyone?
hell yes. that is one majestic starship. push up soap dispensers - lots of potential, yet oddly neglected by designers. this one looks ok, but it belongs in a hotel. secretary desks - now that everybody's regular desk is taken up by their computer, they don't have space to read and write on paper. this one was designed by g. tibergaard nielsen. gillette super speed double edge razors - both the 40s and 50s versions are nice. i'm not hardcore enough for straight...
gah! stylish cameras need their own thread. i'm setting up a blog all about camera design; a critical mass has been reached. i'll post some non-camera items tomorrow evening.
were shoulders unusually narrow last season? i got some measurements from indigo & cotton, and it seems like i need to go 1 size up to get the same collar and chest, but 2 sizes up to get the same shoulder.
sweet. is that the inside of a hadley?
here's the matinicus next to a herning.
curse these lousy catalog photos. i was expecting the navy/red matinicus crewneck to have saturated colors, but it turns out they're really dull. anybody want it before i put it in the mail? size small.