or Connect

Posts by Star

I popped into a Shoe Repairer the other day to take a look at his range of shoe polish. I mentioned in general speak the Kiwi brand to which he grimaced and then responded that I should avoid that brand as it contains solvents which is damaging leather. Instead, I walked out of the store with a tube of Colllonil. (also 4 x more expensive than a can of Kiwi) I know the Kiwi Parade gloss has been mentioned on these forums as one to avoid however I find it hard to believe...
Watched last night on DVD for the first time Donnie Brasco with Johnny Depp and Al Pacino. Was wondering if anyone knew if there were any similar NY Mafia movies or similar in the pipeline?
Although I personally couldn't wear a suite all the time I take my had off to you for your intent.
This is actually going to be an embarrassing post for me however there is little doubt in my mind that I need to set the record straight and complete the thread. Before shipping the shoes back to Pl*l I decided to give the shoes one last go to see if I could get my foot into them at the 9.5E size. I even went out and bought a new ‘Shoe Horn’ and consulted with my resident Englishman colleague at work who knows quite a bit about shoes. (When having problems with English...
I was in some company today where two senior gentleman were referred to 'Freeman' and not their first names i.e instead of 'John Smith' they were addressed as Freeman Smith. Any ideas what this is about?
I was once told never put a person in a position by asking them directly for a favour instead ask them instead if they might know someone who could help you with what you are after. Asking for advice and their thoughts also seems like a good way as mentioned above.
My personal preference would be to walk away if someone tried to wind me up or be a nuisance. There are two reasons for this: 1) He is either drunk, an idiot, or showing off. I think someone already mentioned on this thread that Sun Tzu in Art of War advocates the best strategy for War is to avoid it. 2) The other reason being that if I had no other option i.e. I or someone I love is about to get seriously damaged, I would tear the fucker apart using very means at...
Quote: Originally Posted by sf_esq Wow, a full size up from Loakes? That's surprising, expecially with a monk style, which can run roomy. How was the instep on the Lowndes, was it the width AND instep that were too small for you? Anyone else who owns the Lowndes and any other CJ on the 348 last, I'd love to know if you find the instep on the Lowndes to be quite high. Seems like some of you wear the same size in the Lowndes as you do in lace ups in the...
I got the shoes......however major dissapointment 9.5E too small. I can't get my foot into the shoe. I am thinking of getting a 10.5F I am worried that the shoe just may not be right for my foot. If I get the 10.5 would that be too long or should I get something wider. Advice sought
What are considered the standard qualities you look for when appraising a tie? Obviously material is probably #1 as you can immediately appreciate the quality by the time you tie the tie? I have also noticed that better ties remain straight and crisp, and do not lose their form no matter how many times they have been used. Is there anything else? What are the best tie brands on the market and what makes them stand out? Thoughts from Wise Minds Appreciated.