or Connect

Posts by Star

I would have no sympathy for a company like Lacoste going out of business. Used to love those Polo's with the tag 'Made in France' now those same Polo's same price are made in Eastern Europe,Asia or South America.....pffft
If no one had pointed out the pocket I would not have noticed. I think thats says more about me than the pocket.
Hello All, I am thinking of picking up my first pair of double Monk strap shoes for going out socially and the Crockett and Jones Lowndes has caught my eye. Was wondering if i)anyone has this shoe and can comment ii) is this a well built shoe (last for a long time) iii) are there other alternatives I should consider iv) how do they compare to Loake size wise as I wear a 9.5 on the McQueens ( I will probably get them online on pl**.com) This is not a cheap...
Well I have been here 3 days and I have been most impressed. I am thinking of a new thread to detail the thoughts of a Sydney sider first time 'properly' in Melbourne for the record. Was wondering however what bars are worth frequenting on a Sunday night? (how much i needed this info last night). I read up that Mink is one and was thinking Paris Cat. Unfortunately did not venture out as did not want to go out blind . Enjoyed the Gin Palace on Friday and the Wine Room...
I'd also go with a tie.
Food in Prague is wonderful however avoid eating at the restaurants at the Old Square unless you want to pay 4 times the price for a meal you can get elsewhere in town. Avoid the 'independent' money exchange booths. They are run by shady characters and the way they quote the exchange they will legitamely give you a bad rate. Only change money at a Bank. When on the Charlse Bridge avoid the statue of St. John of Nepomuk. You will see tourists gathered around it...
Some Job Killers at work i) Lack bigger picture - Whether private or public if your organisation has no medium to long term goals, mission, purpose; then yes it can feel like you are going through the motions. ii) Morons - Another job killer. Nothing worse than having unmotivated boring work colleagues. iii) Dumb Manager(s) - This one imho is the worst job satisifaction killer. I have been on the end of a direct dumb manager after having before him probably...
The 007 on the seconds hand is somewhere between uncool, kitsch and hideous. Like the plain black face though still consider the 007 hands a deal killer.
Sydney
Quote: Originally Posted by appolyon Art Deco is on at the NGV up until Oct 5th so try and get along to see that ... ... along with merkur's suggestions I would throw in getting breakfast at Mario's on Brunswick St and knocking back a couple of beers at The Retreat or The Brunswick Green ...both on Sydney Rd and about 50mtrs away from each other try and get to dinner at either Movida (book now - CBD) ... or Anada (Gertrude St) ... I'm going through...