or Connect

Posts by Star

What are considered the standard qualities you look for when appraising a tie? Obviously material is probably #1 as you can immediately appreciate the quality by the time you tie the tie? I have also noticed that better ties remain straight and crisp, and do not lose their form no matter how many times they have been used. Is there anything else? What are the best tie brands on the market and what makes them stand out? Thoughts from Wise Minds Appreciated.
See if you can pick up the book 'Learned Optimism' by Dr Martin Seligman. The guy did alot of clinical experiments to back up his theories on the causes of depression and how a person may be able to work their way through it. I am sort of half cup sort of guy and his theories have had a positive influence on me. Another book worth reading is Viktor Frankl's 'Man's Search For Meaning'.
Recent changes in Interest rate differentials is one reason. Many countries are dropping their interest rates makeing the differential gap between rates in the US and other countries narrow. If you have a particular view on the risk profile of a country and suddenly you are not getting as much interest, you might decide to sell out of the foreign currency and go back to US dollars. This is called carry trades and Japanese housewives are said to be big players in borrowing...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bruce9241 So? My style of thinking is that when I buy I buy something more than just the physical product. I also buy the experience and the endorphins that go off my head that give me a sensation that I am happy with my purchase. I do have an old Blue Lacoste polo my father bought when he was my age. Its faded but it reads made in France and in my own way it this what gets me off. Lacoste in my view is to...
I would have no sympathy for a company like Lacoste going out of business. Used to love those Polo's with the tag 'Made in France' now those same Polo's same price are made in Eastern Europe,Asia or South America.....pffft
If no one had pointed out the pocket I would not have noticed. I think thats says more about me than the pocket.
Hello All, I am thinking of picking up my first pair of double Monk strap shoes for going out socially and the Crockett and Jones Lowndes has caught my eye. Was wondering if i)anyone has this shoe and can comment ii) is this a well built shoe (last for a long time) iii) are there other alternatives I should consider iv) how do they compare to Loake size wise as I wear a 9.5 on the McQueens ( I will probably get them online on pl**.com) This is not a cheap...
Well I have been here 3 days and I have been most impressed. I am thinking of a new thread to detail the thoughts of a Sydney sider first time 'properly' in Melbourne for the record. Was wondering however what bars are worth frequenting on a Sunday night? (how much i needed this info last night). I read up that Mink is one and was thinking Paris Cat. Unfortunately did not venture out as did not want to go out blind . Enjoyed the Gin Palace on Friday and the Wine Room...
I'd also go with a tie.
Food in Prague is wonderful however avoid eating at the restaurants at the Old Square unless you want to pay 4 times the price for a meal you can get elsewhere in town. Avoid the 'independent' money exchange booths. They are run by shady characters and the way they quote the exchange they will legitamely give you a bad rate. Only change money at a Bank. When on the Charlse Bridge avoid the statue of St. John of Nepomuk. You will see tourists gathered around it...