or Connect

Posts by Star

Omega based on design aesthetics. The Longiness is too busy as already mentioned. You should also be able to swim with the Omega no problems but not sure about the others. I should also disclose that I do have the AT in a blue dial so thats my bias.
I refuse to return to the dark days when I used to wear a 'tent' for a shirt and a 'sack of potatoes' for pants. (not necessarily excluding the potatoes of course)
Although I like expensive watches I believe that the 'man makes the watch' and not the other way around. You can have a diamond encrusted Rolex (or a second hand Submariner with a spec of dust in the dial), however if you are an @sshole you are still an @sshole with or without the watch. You can also be a top shelf type of guy wearing the Timex. With some of these guys there is no need to look at their wrist to measure their success. Their achievements be it in business...
How about ironing the shirt and tucking yourself in properly so we see the real deal....unless this is how you plan to wear it?
Quote: Originally Posted by Mathew J Dont know about that, I already know many would have been Rolex buyers who are looking elsewhere due to their price increases. I partly agree with you however I would propose that these are the Watch Enthusiasts and those people trying to scrape every last dollar together or negotiate the price down with their AD. I don't like speaking in terms of social classes however basically it is those in the middle...
Any Glenfiddich aficionado's? Was wondering if there were any discernible differences in taste and appreciation between the 12, 15 and 18 year old variations? Is it worth paying a few dollars more for the 15 over the 12?
Quote: Originally Posted by Teger "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." One of my all time favourite movie scenes and dialog. Awesome film.
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos Just saw this - if anything, both those factors would conspire to drive prices down for the most part. Rolex would never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never ever drop their prices even if the cost of raw materials was free, labour decided to work for the love of it, and the Swiss franc collapsed against the US (assuming most sales are in $USD and then...
Omega is trying to catch up with Rolex in terms of being an equal. Rolex on the other hand is executing a strategy of pushing their product further out of reach so as to make it even more desirable. They can do this as long as there are people out there wanting to pay the price of which no doubt there are. I would say that the biggest losers are dealers who are forced to buy stock particularly those who are sensitive to the current economic climate.
Quote: Originally Posted by 8-Ball So here's how things went down last night. We picked the girls up and got on the metro to go to DC. Things started off a little slow as everyone was a little shy, but once we got to the restaurant and started drinking at the bar (while waiting to be seated) things loosened up quite a bit. My date and I had a pretty good conversation and actually have a lot in common. At one point I stepped away to use the restroom...