or Connect

Posts by Star

Ive been too Vienna a few times while in transit and managed meals at random places. I was there once with my father and we stopped somewhere for Coffee and Cake (Tort). We found it was cheaper to order a 'Steinkrug' of Beer with our cake than a coffee. It was quite surreal sipping on beer and devouring cake.
I am looking for advice on the quality of fabric used in suites. I am after a light Wool in a plain Charcoal. I am focusing on this variable before I start thinking about cut and build quality. I am close to getting a MTM made and was doing the rounds of all the stores which are close to where I work to see if there might be something worthwhile OTR. Some of these stores claim that the fabric is English while one had no idea (but that's ok because it was a very cheap...
Quote: Originally Posted by james_timothy Sydney has the best coffee shop culture I've ever seen- and the best espresso I've ever had. Single Origins in Surrey Hills is simply magic. Better even then Cafe D'Arte near Pike Place in Seattle. You obviously haven't been to Melbourne.
Quote: Originally Posted by whistler Just got back to my hometown of Perth, Australia after a stint in Tokyo. Aside from a few problems finding big enough clothes, Tokyo is basically a shoppers' paradise. As you walk through the streets, you can see people (guys and girls) pay a lot of attention to fashion. Perth, though, is a complete desert when it comes to fashion unfortunately. Everyone seems to wear surfer t-shirts and ill-fitting/ugly clothes....
I look at the inside collar of my shirt after 1 wear and usually find that it disgusts me so off it goes into my shirt wash bag.
I managed to watch the last 20 minutes of the Bond Flick 'You Only Live Twice' and I had the 'evil' thought after seeing Akiko Wakabayashi (Lead Bond Girl) whether Sean Connery would have done her off screen. Then I went the next step and thought was did Sean and Roger not only have a License to Kill but also too @$&&#@ on each film. I recall reading Adam West on the Batman TV series was adventurous. How much of this sort of stuff happens today on film sets and how much...
If you went from a size 9.5UK to a 10UK how much extra do you get? Is the half size increment mainly in the length or also a little in the width and girth?
Does anyone here have the C&J Lowndes and a say the Hallam, Westbourne or Edgware. I am interested what difference there is in fit between the Monk Shoe and the Oxford style on the same 348 last. I have the Lowndes in a UK 9.5 and was thinking of either the Hallamm Westbourne or Edgwear. Length wise I am ok however right foot a little tight (although has given a little). Would the oxford be more forgiving or should I bump up to a 10? I am worried that the 10 might give...
Quote: Originally Posted by mmhollis So I'm 25, I'm not rich so my parents never really gave me a trip to Europe for graduation or anything but I'm really intrigued by the world and how people relate. I am thinking about taking a trip around the world, this is pretty extraordinary for me as I usually treasure security in life. Anyone have any experience with traveling across a continent? Anyone have any tips? If your expertise is in Europe I'm really...
Quote: Originally Posted by pg600rr Out of curiosity how did you size on the Lowndes? I having been meaning to grab some for a while and am not sure on the sizing... I usually take a 11D in AE 11 ferragamo/santoni, but a 10.5D in some other dress shoes... I am assuming I would need a 10-10.5uk in these? There is a whole separate thread RE: my adventures with the Lowndes however in a nut shell I was very worried that they were too small for...