or Connect

Posts by Star

Any Glenfiddich aficionado's? Was wondering if there were any discernible differences in taste and appreciation between the 12, 15 and 18 year old variations? Is it worth paying a few dollars more for the 15 over the 12?
Quote: Originally Posted by Teger "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." One of my all time favourite movie scenes and dialog. Awesome film.
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos Just saw this - if anything, both those factors would conspire to drive prices down for the most part. Rolex would never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never ever drop their prices even if the cost of raw materials was free, labour decided to work for the love of it, and the Swiss franc collapsed against the US (assuming most sales are in $USD and then...
Omega is trying to catch up with Rolex in terms of being an equal. Rolex on the other hand is executing a strategy of pushing their product further out of reach so as to make it even more desirable. They can do this as long as there are people out there wanting to pay the price of which no doubt there are. I would say that the biggest losers are dealers who are forced to buy stock particularly those who are sensitive to the current economic climate.
Quote: Originally Posted by 8-Ball So here's how things went down last night. We picked the girls up and got on the metro to go to DC. Things started off a little slow as everyone was a little shy, but once we got to the restaurant and started drinking at the bar (while waiting to be seated) things loosened up quite a bit. My date and I had a pretty good conversation and actually have a lot in common. At one point I stepped away to use the restroom...
I am shortly to hit Sydney City for some outdoor drinks at the Opera Bar which is an outdoor bar at the Sydney Opera house that overlooks the famous coat hangar bridge. The weather today has been cloudy but stifling humid and hot. As per the radar image it looks like I am out of luck as Sydney is about to be hit by rain from the West. Red spots are really bad. I know many of you will say take a rain coat or an umbrella and I can figure that myself but what does one wear...
Ive been too Vienna a few times while in transit and managed meals at random places. I was there once with my father and we stopped somewhere for Coffee and Cake (Tort). We found it was cheaper to order a 'Steinkrug' of Beer with our cake than a coffee. It was quite surreal sipping on beer and devouring cake.
I am looking for advice on the quality of fabric used in suites. I am after a light Wool in a plain Charcoal. I am focusing on this variable before I start thinking about cut and build quality. I am close to getting a MTM made and was doing the rounds of all the stores which are close to where I work to see if there might be something worthwhile OTR. Some of these stores claim that the fabric is English while one had no idea (but that's ok because it was a very cheap...
Quote: Originally Posted by james_timothy Sydney has the best coffee shop culture I've ever seen- and the best espresso I've ever had. Single Origins in Surrey Hills is simply magic. Better even then Cafe D'Arte near Pike Place in Seattle. You obviously haven't been to Melbourne.
Quote: Originally Posted by whistler Just got back to my hometown of Perth, Australia after a stint in Tokyo. Aside from a few problems finding big enough clothes, Tokyo is basically a shoppers' paradise. As you walk through the streets, you can see people (guys and girls) pay a lot of attention to fashion. Perth, though, is a complete desert when it comes to fashion unfortunately. Everyone seems to wear surfer t-shirts and ill-fitting/ugly clothes....