or Connect

Posts by Star

If your dressing like that I would like to know which corporate you are working for I get stares for choosing to wear a tie, and my Nahkle shirts get commented on since they blow 95% of the other shirts out of the water (infact I have one that is so good that I can't wear it again as it left them gasping) Ties - When I used to work during Uni break at DJs Market St in the late 90s they had wonderful collection of ties. Went there the other day and quite pityfull....
Does anyone recall a TV Ad for Stimorol Gum back in the 90s where a hot looking girl gets pulled over by a cop? I am looking for the title or artist of the song in the ad. Tried Youtube for old Stimorol ads and google-d. Little luck.
I had my shoes in status 'Awaiting Dispatch' for 2 weeks. I couldn't understand what the problem was if they were ready to go. I wrote them a polite email suggesting that this was my first purchase and if this was going to be an issue then could they cancel the order and I'll go with plal. (not far from the truth as I was prepared a little more). Shipped next day I think most people would agree that there is nothing more painful than waiting forever for an order.
Quote: Originally Posted by merkur I too had shit service at Joseph's; you're talking about the one in Strand Arcade, no? +1 on Josephs at the strand. The guy there is a moron and knows little or nothing about the Loakes he carries. The middle aged guy at DJs on the other hand is not bad nor is that mob in Melbourne that carries a selected range of Loakes.
Do you mind oneday posting some shorts of them on your feat? [quote=earthdragon;1745734]Finally Landed - C&J 'Villiers' 9.5E /9536 I just love these Boots. Note the nice job that UPS (or Customs) did, on 'slashing' the box open!
Its a shame such relaxed suites, colors and combinations are not the norm today. I don't think, rather I know I would standout if I deviated away from a daily dark suite in my village of 4million.
I am an enthusiast runner and will do 2 or 3 times a week a run of 5km (3.1Miles) or 10km(6.2Miles). I am looking for advice on how to strengthen my i) knee joins and ii) strengthen my legs generally so they can handle the pounding of running.
To complete my own thread and to add to the knowledge bank regarding Loake shoes. My Loake Dorchester's in the 1880 line on the Mayfair last size 9.5F UK arrived today. I purchased this shoe as an everyday 'beater' to wear to work. I know Loake are not highly regarded on this forum however in the village I live in of 4 million, I hope it will beat the 90% of fashion forward square toe cement jobs made in China. [ Being a size 9.5F their dimensions are as...
The closest I came to 'authentic chinese' cuisine' I think (outside of china) was in an eastern block country that had for political reasons accepted alot of chinese and packed them into condensed high rise dwelling. The Chinese Restaurant downstair served food that was not as 'colourful', 'sweet' or 'glossy' as the food you get in the west. I would not say it was inferior (far from it) instead it seemed less presentable and looked more like a homemade meal.
Looking for comment on Authenticy of Chinese Cuisine prepared in N America and the West is vs Chinese Cuisine back in China. I am under the impression most dishes have been either created or manipulated to match western tastes with an example being Mongolian Lamb and Beef.