or Connect

Posts by Star

There is one relgion in the world where exposing your naked bowels to water is considered to cause offense to the water gods!. At a previous place of employment there were a large number of these worshippers who would fill the toilet bowl with paper until all the water was covered before doing their business. As you can imagine this render the toilet unusable and blocks the plumbing. It got so bad that some co-workers started following other workers into the toilets...
When it comes to red wines I am a Cabernet Sauvignon drinker both with food and by itself when I need to sit down and ponder life. However, I have decided to be open minded and see what all the fuss is about regarding Pinot Noir and purchased a medium bottle made in Otago New Zealand which is where some of the better Pinot’s are meant to come from from 'New World'. I tried the Pinot along with a glass of my ‘table’ quality Cabernet Sauvignon I had open (half the price of...
Where is the pain in your knee? If it is to the side of your knee then it is IBT and that is easily fixed by doing a number stretches that stretch the band that runs from your hip down to your knee. Go and see a physio and figure out if it is ibt. If it is then next go and see a sports masseur who will know how to work on the band by softening it up and stopping it from tugging and irritating the knee. You can google IBT stretches and find video to show you how to do a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teger so uh, don't let her pull you back in? what exactly is the issue here. you recognize the problem (I'm assuming you wanted some sort of real relationship, but she just wants an emotional boyfriend).. so don't do it? Consciously she wants me in her friendzone and subconsciously I have no doubt I am her 'backup' in ife if things fall through with her current real bf. Neither of these suit me. The challenge is...
I need to vent that I have a colleague at work where things did not turn out. I dont want to go into the details other than to say that everytime I think I have got over her 'she pulls me back in!' It is by way of coming by my desk, emailing or messaging me for work related stuff, or I somehow get dragged back via other co-workers we are jointly on good terms with. I am looking forward to the day when I switch companies and I have her out of sight and hopefully out of...
Every time someone has tried to set me up it has ended up a bigger dissapoint for the person who set me up than for me or the girl. I had found in my cases that the person doing the setting up had overly emotionally invested in the end result rather than thinking through whether I and the girl for that matter had anything in common. I do therefore not believe in setting people up.
Quote: Originally Posted by merkur Are PM's employed by companies as a permanent position or are they like contractors (kind of like how management consultants are contracted for a specific engagement) who are only employed on a project by project basis and once theproject finishes, they are out of a job? I guess, in other words, do PM's have job security? Some are hired on contract for the project. Some are full time employees that are part...
Not an understatement to suggest that a PMs life can be hell if dealing in an environment with a poor PM culture, poor accountability, and of course poor people.
Looking to purchase a pair or maybe two pair of boots for coming winter/autumn months in the southern hemisphere (no snow). Possibly a black pair for work/office environment and a dark brown or burgundy for casual and jeans. Looking at boots either at ankle or just above ankle. Looking for input on the type of boot that is SF endorsed and or not endorsed. Please comment on types 1) Elastic Boot 2) Zipper Boot 3) Laces Boot Thanks
Just dont do what I did ..... think Venice Mestre and Venice are the one and same thing if booking accomodation online. Was suprisingly cheap and then realised why. While in Venice if you like sweets try the wallnut and apple roll/strudel ...i think it is called a 'Miele'