or Connect

Posts by Star

Does anyone own a pair of blue lens Persol Sunglasses? As I understand it, blue lens makes light brighter and perhaps not for a sunny day like a Black, Gray, Green lens?
I had an experience yesterday that re-affirmed why bricks and mortar men's clothing stores are the pits in Sydney, Australia. I popped into 2 stored in the leafy suburb of Mosman (to which those with too much money and not enough sense (and cents) buy the summer pant, loud shirt and/or un spiring tie. Of the 2 stores and their 4 sales staff only 1 knew what a Grenadine Silk tie was! The most amusing answer I received was 'we don't carry that brand'. I can appreciate...
Two great responses. I note to the left of my post the featured story and picture of Luca Rubinacci wearing a pair of gray Tortoise sunglass. Unfortunately I am a little leaned towards form over function (brown over gray) but I will keep thinking about the comments.
I could not find on a search any threads that address the issue of Brown vs. Black lens sunglasses from a style and aesthetics perspective. In particular whether the brown is better suited to people with fairer complexion and the black perhaps for darkhaired. I am tossing up between a black or a brown lens pair of Persols. Any thoughts on topic...
...and how does it hold up against creasing?
I am looking online at an Isaia Wool (75%) Linen (25%) sports coat. Any thoughts on the composition of this sports coat? Does this type of blend suggest this is a summer/cool wearing coat? Thanks
Ill answer my own post for the purposes of completion.....ties are made in China.
My ultimate satirical ambition in life has been to be able to pull off the white linen jacket and change my name to Sonny. Unfortunately not much luck having gone through a few jackets and then abandoning them because I can't get the right fit. Below is my latest attempt. I suspect it is a little too big but in particular the shoulders seems to hard and square and before I find a tailor, I wanted to ask whether it is possible to have the current shoulder pads removed and...
Cannot for the life of me find online where the range of Austin Read Red Nick Hart ties are made?? Any British brothers out there know ? http://www.austinreed.co.uk/fcp/product/austinreed//AR-RED-Nick-Hart-6cm-Lilac-Tie/14699 Thanks
I have landed on a navy suite and want the Silver Tie. Any thoughts which of 2 pictured? Concerned the lighter tie may look washed out particularly with my jacket off on a white shirt. Thoughts?