or Connect

Posts by Slewfoot

Thanks and fingers crossed!
Shirt Washing Question So I've washed some shirts in the machine on gentle cycle and left them hanging to dry. Now that they are totally dry, if I put them in the dryer to soften them up a bit and get out some wrinkles they shouldn't shrink at all, right? Ironing isn't an option time-wise plus I prefer shirts a bit more rugged looking and not crisped up from an iron. Thanks!
Nope. All tweed and flannel. I hardly wear any jackets in the Summer!
I have most of my coats half lined which I believe is essentially quarter lined to them. Heck, even I'm not totally sure of the difference!
Patterns that are too small such as houndstooth and POW often have an odd 3D kind of visual effect. They also seem a little too Jos A Banks especially if in worsted format. Here is the LL version someone mentioned before which I have as well and love.
Agreed.
Can we all now agree that we have spoken enough about diamond patterned cloth for 2014?
dopey - Moonbeam for sportcoats and Coops for suiting sounds good to me! Concordia - that is nice although a bit darker than I'd ideally like. May ask for a swatch though.
Glad you like the B&W herringbone...I very much enjoy my Moonbeam. I don't wear navy jackets too much, but when I do I really like it. Holds it's shape and super comfortable. It does wear a bit on the warmer side.I would agree with that although I wouldn't equate Moonbeam with tweed and people shouldn't expect to. It has some tweed like patterns in look, but it stops there. It's like a light, fluffy cashmere with its Lambswool and Angora.
I like this a lot. I admire the affect of how it appears dark gray and light gray vs. black and white. And the wider scale is a nice touch. Does anyone know if a tweed maker has this available in something like a sturdy 16oz suiting material? I can't recall seeing one. Might be a good project for LL as I did mention it to Michael before and he seemed keen on it.