or Connect

Posts by Slewfoot

Thanks guys and glad you approve of my sportcoat decisions! Personally, I've never really had goals or subscribed to "I need X number of sportcoats" kind of thing. I have just bought what I liked. There is some diversity in all of the sportcoats, but I think they are all "me" meaning they are all coats that work with my existing wardrobe and overall aesthetic style. One needs to know what will work for them. A Gun Club may not be for everyone because someone may not feel...
Thanks and will look into the Scabal. Glad it brought back memories. I see the Jodie Foster comparison.Trust me that it's high. I can barely see the top of the gorge in the mirror as it's almost shooting beyond my shoulder line.Let's hope so!
Thanks and will look into that as well. I recall someone posted those a whole ago (perhaps you). Thanks for the refresher!
Thanks! The twill there seems a touch soft in terms of color and feel based on the photo. Will ask them for a swatch as photos are always deceiving. The ones above seem to have a bold color palette with weight around 16oz. Just a guess though.
Are there any books out there that have some wide scale tweed twills like the ones seen below? Been pondering one for a while for either a 3-piece suit or am overcoat in dark gray. Anyone? Despos? Bueller?
Thanks Chris! Glad you approve. I like the fabric even more than I thought I would. I believe this was a test fabric and that it may go into full production in the upcoming months. To be honest I can't recall. I just remember Michael mentioning he had a jacket's length left and I grabbed it. I think it could work as a topcoat if that's a style one wanted. One guy made it up as such and it looks very nice. For me I prefer more sober coats, but that's just personal preference.
I definitely prefer the soft tailored effect with minimal structure. I had a jacket made by NSM which I like very much in the Summer although I rarely wear jackets in hot weather anyway. I usually just stick with linen trousers and a seersucker or linen shirt.This recent barleycorn jacket is made with very minimal padding and a light canvas. Hardly anything there. Less so than even my Steeds. I would say Steed has a touch of structure, but just enough to make it drape...
Thanks! I do have a lot of tweed sportcoats as you've probably seen. I'm sure I could use some cashmere, hopsack etc. but these days that's just not what I'm into. I work in the wine business and therefore don't need to have many things that are formal / casual mix. I can go all out one way or the other by wearing a barleycorn tweed or a double-breasted flannel suit which works with my lifestyle. I don't try to force anything and have diversity for the sake of having...
That's the kind of thing that isn't discernible in real life at all, only Style Forum robo-pose pics! I think I see what you're saying, but not something that concerns me at all. I'm not one that believes in perfection with garments. If one thinks it's attainable it'll drive one nuts.
Nice.