or Connect

Posts by Slewfoot

30 - 40 Summer season jackets??? And I thought I had a problem! :^)
Mystery Bespoke Tailor. I didn't make up the expression, but it seems to have become the norm.
Used him a handful of times throughout the past 4 years. Think this is the 5th item I've had made from him. All turned out nice enough if lacking the panache that Steed has in their garments.
Same goes for me for my first handful of commissions. I enjoyed them at the time, but gradually the styling began to feel too modern. I also prefer more comfort and drape these days while back then I just wanted a crisp and clean silhouette. Live and learn.
London Lounge Brown Barleycorn tweed now funded. Really comfy fabric that feels like I'm wearing a cozy blanket. Heavy stuff at around 19oz. Perfect for today's weather. Made by a MBT. Is it as good as Steed? No way, but still very nice and the fabric is stellar.
Larry David has always been ahead of the fashion curve.
Yes, all set on that front and thanks for the note. Appreciate it!
Correct! It is this LL Corn Shetland I will be lowering. Quite high as you can see and I have a handful of fabric leftover which should (hopefully) make it easy enough to lower 1+ inch.
Thanks and that's all about what I figured. The lapel buttonhole only had stitching which I removed and was not cut through so all good there. Looks like I'm off to the tailor this week!