or Connect

Posts by Slewfoot

Yvonne or Guiberteau Rouge...both excellent with the Yvonne being a but more rugged while the Guiberteau is more sleek.
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. I'm Episode 250, the guy with the Steed jacket in the vineyards. Levi's a really good guy and really gets my new wine app, Pickabottle. While most all of his podcasts are well worth a listen, to really delve into the soul of Burgundy, I recommend checking out the interview with Jeremy Seysses of Dujac.
NEW WINE APP!!! Gents, just released a new wine app with some friends called Pickabottle. It essentially shows users where to go to drink great wines that suit their palates as well as their wallets. As of now it has a searchable database of wine lists in NYC with more cities coming soon. However, it also has write-ups of where to go while traveling in other cities and wine regions. Download it, play around with and tell all your friends! Think you'll get a kick out of...
I had a Fox Flannel made a year ago by Steed as seen below. Love it. Super cozy.
I agree that those are much better. I stand corrected!
Is it just me or does this really not look that great? The narrow shoulders combined with the slight roping make for an awkward combination especially in relation to the hip section. And the buttons all seem too high and the bottom row of buttons not coming anywhere close to the pockets throws off the balance even more.The lack of drape doesn't make it appear too comfortable either.I'm not normally nit-picky on these sorts of things, but I can't ever seem to recall a...
This. Lots of truth here. If you annoy your tailor unnecessarily you will likely not receive the same quality work as those that the tailor enjoys working with from start to finish. Just the way it goes in tailoring or any business.If a tailor doesn't stock a certain fabric brand and can't get access to it have a frank conversation with him and make sure it works for him to bring in your LL or Fresco or whatever cloth. But if they can get it just have him get it. I'd...
I think the LL fabrics do a great job of breathing even while being heavy. If you hold most LL tweeds up the light you can see through them a bit more than a lot of other tweeds (at least one's I've compared). I believe this one is around 15oz and it definitely doesn't feel heavy or wear too hot. Ones that are upwards of 20oz feel almost like iron and certainly wear warmer, but rarely am I sweltering in them.
It's cold out there. Dress appropriately.
Are we still about robes and pajamas here? #confused.