or Connect

Posts by designprofessor

I liked burn after reading....I'll probably check this one out as well.
Drexel seems to be cheap IMO. I have a few pieces from Bernhardt that have worked well and are better quality. I also have a few from Restoration Hardware. The construction seems good -wood, dovetails, etc. More $$$, but less expensive than high end like Hickory Chair. Maitland Smith (?) has some quirky stuff, but seems pricey, so no info there. Barbara Barry was doing stuff through Baker furniture- costly, but I've never heard anyone complain on quality. I own one...
Quote: Originally Posted by Flambeur No sir, neither art nor art galleries exist outside of NYC So, London and Berlin haven't quite caught on yet?...
Saw him live with Blixa Bargeld /Bad Seeds -mid 80's, creepy good. since then, I've liked some of the music and I like the suits he's usually photographed in. slightly eccentric, i like it. Fingers down the Throat of Love. Nick the Stripper about the time I was reading Wiseblood by Flannery O'Conner -so the music and the story are mixed in my mind.....
Le Labo- Rose 31, my favorite
to be viewed while listening to Van Halen...
I have not read the whole thread - but saw various colors at Neiman Marcus, in this price range, damn near picked up a pair of dark emerald green. Buddy of mine pairs these with casual stuff -looks good on him.
Nope, still a shitty program - VB looks good in recent ads though....
Ft. Worth has the Kimball, Amon Carter and the newer Modern Museum. All are excellent museums. I put the Modern as one of my favorites, good shows -no hassles. Alot of people dislike the landscape in this area -I grew up here and love it. The storms, the sun, the long shadows, the oaks. The openness is refreshing to me, and in my mind does not always equate as bland or empty. You'll grow to love the evenings and the big horizon.
Thanks. I'll check it out. Our method is much more sophisticated- We just give 'em a pencil and paper and say, "come back when its interesting"