or Connect

Posts by whynot

From what I gather and based on the shoe markings, these are on the original 73 last which was followed by the 100 and then the 173.
These are Royal Imperial and seem more robust than the regular Imperial ones I have. These had double v-cleats before I sent them to my cobbler. The cost to replace the heel and put on a sole guard was $55. Anyone buying a Florsheim Imperial shoe for the purpose of wearing will have these removed. I almost bought it several times with the first pair of Imperials I wore out. The uppers are in terrific shape. Shoe trees not included. Again, can meet anyone in NYC area and...
From what I gather, these are on the original 73 last which was followed by the 100 and then the 173.
$150 shipped (please add 3% if not choosing gift). Shipping only within CONUS. If you're in the NYC area, we can meet in person and make it $140. Shoe trees not included.
Impulse bid on these at the last minute on the bay and didn't have time to inquire about the last. These are Alden made for Bonsall wingtips. These are on the Aberdeen last it seems and unfortunately too small for me. As for the origin, the seller bought them from an "Estate sale where the 'gentleman collected shoes (like 600 pair)." They are in pretty good condition, some markings and spots but a good polishing and they should do someone pretty well or even send them in...
Nice looking parka but too bad it's waxed cotton which means upkeep and smell. I think waxed cotton is more fitting for the countryside or if you have a closet that vents to the outside just for waxed cotton.
Rigid denim, made in Japan. Never worn, still has the tag on it. Tape measurements laying flat: Inseam: 33.25" Front Rise: 10.5" Back Rise: 14" Top of waistband: 16" Knee: 7.75" Opening: 7.25" $120 $80 Shipped CONUS. Local pickup/meet in NYC is doable. Last picture, new APC NS on the left and the NdG on the right to maybe help with the color. SOLD
Selling a new, never worn, with tags, ACNE climb jacket. I purchased it on sale, original retail price on tag $750. Stock photos are far better than mine which are the last two. The pictures are a bit washed out, but it is a solid black coat. "Brushed cotton zip up jacket with cargo pocket details. Quilted lining with synthetic fill. Elbow patch detail." Tagged size - EU52 / US42 Tape Measurements (jacket is fully quilted) : Pit-to-Pit: 24" Pit-to-cuff: 20" Shoulder...
Good to know, I think I'm going to stick with a size 29 and wash it a little earlier and see how they fare.
I mostly wear them with a belt because it just feels more snug that way but I can wear without as well, though it causes the NS to hang a little lower on the waist. I'd love to know what other peoples measurements are post 6 months on the waist. Mine went from an APC size 29, to a measured 32. Regarding the stitching, I also think I waited too long to wash them which probably has weakened the fabric over time. I've read many cases of people having "crotch blowout" with...