or Connect

Posts by kasper007

Brand new black Voronoi pants, only tried on. Size 33 - 55% cotton, 45% nylon Shipping will be $20 to the US, $15 to Canada. PM me for elsewhere
Thanks. I got the walnut one so they are $824 + NYC sales tax so ~$900. There's no duty on furniture (didn't really trust that when I read online, but UPS delivered this morning without a charge!) so all in cost was ~$620 per chair. Pretty happy with the savings, especially considering it took less than 3 days. I have a few architect friends / family who can help, but still came out way ahead of where I would have been with their discount. I do wish everyone was as...
I don't know of any local cobbler who uses JR soles so I either do like you and use B. Nelson shoes in NYC (i'm there a lot so often able to drop and ask for a quick turnaround to I don't have to deal with shipping). Otherwise, I have a guy in Montreal that a few people on here have used who does probably better work, but it still involves shipping. The guy uses traditional methods (ie. he will keep the shoe lasted for about a week when resoling) so a quick turnaround...
Thanks, I saw those and was debating. I am still a newb when it comes to furniture and so I am a bit unsure about buying vintage pieces from a relatively unknown seller without seeing in person especially given there's no trace of a label on these. In any case, bought the chairs from Conran and they were shipped earlier today so I might get them before the end of the week!!! I am saving at least $200 per chair (and potentially more depending on the duty situation) so...
Sorry, I misunderstood you. The chairs are the exact same price, but the shipping costs are way different. One charges £50 per chair while the other £250. As far as I know, shipping costs are not something the manufacturer have a say in.
they are the exact same chair. When you exclude VAT, similar high priced goods made in Europe are 25-40% cheaper in Europe than they are in the US at the moment. To give you an example, I bought the following items at full price over the last couple months: Herno Laminar jacket: paid ~$950 from Norse Store, was $1450 at Barney's Margiela GAT: paid ~$285 from Tres Bien, they are $470 in the US C&J Connaught: Paid ~$415 from Pediwear, they are $635 in the US And the list...
Thanks, I had already checked out Skandium, but they charge £250 per chair, but Conran is only £50 per chair so unless someone suggests a better place, will likely order from there as it would come out to only ~$620 per chair.
Do you guys have recommendations for euro or uk based furniture stores that offer reasonable international shipping rates. Given the strength of the dollar and new $800 min for duty, I am almost exclusively buying clothes and shoes from euro stores and I am in the market for some chairs so figured I'd have a look. It seems that the euro MSRP less VAT is often 30-40% cheaper than in the US. Specifically, I want to get some Grand Prix chairs with wooden legs and as per the...
As far as I am aware, yes. But as lawyerdad said, it's all based on news stories (FYI, I work in finance and lean conservative so I don't read Jezebel, Gawker, the NYT , Slate and all that thrash)And the outrage isn't directly solely at the sentence itself, but also to the fact that the judge clearly empathized way more than he should with the accused. The justifications he gave for the light sentence are cringe worthy especially considering the judge was Stanford's...
I am sorry, but his case is pretty clear cut. 2 random people were biking and saw a dude molesting a clearly unconscious girl behind a dumpster. They immediately called the police and restrained the dude until the police arrived. The girl remained unconscious for the next 3 hours and woke up in the hospital. This is not a case driven by a women who wakes up the next day and figured she doesn't do random hookups so she must have been raped, the guy was caught in the act...