or Connect

Posts by kasper007

To be fair, as much as some of our recent thrashing can be blamed on Arsene (poor / non existent tactics, lack of defenders, etc), the players deserve by far the majority of the blame here. Giroud and Ozil in particular had been in fine form and they had such a shocking game....
what a disappointing performance, especially given our current form. i am still in disbelief we let a goal in added time right after scoring a lifeline of sort. again, we are out at the round of 16...
We are all in agreement that going to Yale is superior to Podunk, the point here was within T14 schools (ie. outside of H/S/Y, it's better to graduate top 5-10% of your class from a mid or bottom tier T14 than middle / bottom of your class at a top tier). From my own limited experience, I would say this is true and class ranking matters way more than school ranking within T14.
totally a fake school, they even managed to get to con FT and other publications to rank it at or near the top for MBA programs!!!!
Went to London Business School. You'll have a great time at NYU!!!!
Completely agree, but I would add: 3) Attending a top 10 program For people attending top programs, even though I would say most students don't learn much, if at all from their classes (as a BBA with a background in PE and IB, itI definitely was my case), the intangibles (network, career services, ability to rethink career, internship, etc) makes it extremely valuable. Not to mention the opportunity to move to a better firm in a similar industry (ie. going from Deloitte...
I think it really depends what you do and what your education / professional background is. I think it can be key in opening the door for middle / upper management for someone with a non business background (ie. an engineer), but I don't think it would add much value for someone with a business background (ie. someone in sales / finance, etc with a B. Comm / BBA). The education value of the MBA really varies depending on background and there's quite a range.As for which...
I am not a lawyer so keep that in mind. that being said, I know quite a few through my personal and professional networks (I work in Private Equity and previously IB) and given I'm Canadian I'm assuming your interested in corporate law. Although there's been some merger activity recently, the Canadian law space is still very localized and many of the top firm don't compete outside of Canada. While the quality and talent is fairly similar, for associates / partners at top...
Tuck has such a small class that is makes admission a little more random than at other schools not to mention that it's very new england so it can be harder to get in if you haven't got any tie to the region
I definitely don't think 28 is too old. as a matter of fact, it's actually the average age at most top schools. however, keep in mind that due to the nature of MBA recruiting , you're very unlikely to benefit from the extra year of work experience so i would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. I was 31 at matriculation (I graduated late at 25 due to a double major and an extended gap years + 6 years of work experience) and while I think age really isn't a factor...